Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Unikkatil I've always known but never got into him. His flow is good but I don't really like his hooks. Capital T is another one I've listened to recently.

I really like the disco/electro stuff, or shit like this that reminds me of Stan by Eminem/Dido

SThccWxY184
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Pjetër
Has thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Been getting into Kosovar Pop/Hip Hop music lately. I always thought these guys along with Albanian rappers like Noizy, Stresi, were just straight up bums/retards, but the beats are pretty sick tbh.

That song "S'jena mo" is pretty dope if you're into high energy electro/dance pop. "Ajo" and "Bow Down" are really good too.

Can't wait for Era Istrefi's new album too, now that she got a major American record deal.
You mean someone did an Albanian cover version of Bow Down? Dope.
tDPSLb0pXhE
Albanian Damien
Team: Kuq E Zi
Been thanked: 0

The Kosovars are better singers/artists because they have so much more passion and spirit than mainland Albanians. You can hear it in the Music. For example take a typical Noizy song:

AqQhgITuoiQ

Pretty typical "banger". Not a lot of substance. "Catchy" hook and a nice beat.

Compare it to a Capital T song:

bz6GGN073YA

They are both typical stupid rapper bravado type of songs. Except, Capital T just put much more effort and heart into his and I think you can definitely hear it in the song.

As for beats, yeah Albanian producers are some of the best in the Balkans. We should start actually trying to support our talented young artists. Look at Era Istrefi and Sliva Gunbardhi. They both got a quarter billion views all on their own, no help. That's more views than some of Rihannas, Bieber and Drakes top songs..

As for Unnikkatil, he's interesting. I thought he was the shit in elemtrary/middle school. His flow is usually amazingly on point with whatever song he's on but I think his lyrics are overrated, and he doesn't one good song you can dance to. He's the Cannibus of Albanian rap:

MwUxHH1G6Do

Now if you guys want to just listen to some more of my playlist here's some current Albanian bangers I bump in the car a lot :D

ADlReL1vE64
Rl8FL86EwJc
HS05yU7oZ4
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

O zot , imagjino me ua lane ne dore te ktyne msusve msimin e fesë.

E ka dhon italjani , jan lajme ma reale. :mrgreen:

x58y5uw_
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x58y5u ... 04030_news
Aurora Bulkualis

AD, I agree the mainstream Kosovar music scene is much better than the one in Albania now. You mentioned Silvia Gunbardhi and Era Istrefi both getting 200 mill+, but "Te ka Lali shpirt" is a shit song and most people listen to it ironically like Gangnam Style. Era's song is much more modern and way better. But the old guys like Ardit Gjebrea, Pirro Cako, Aleksandar Gjoka, were superior to this stuff, it's just that stuff will hardly ever go mainstream beyond Albania.
Simboli i Diellit wrote:O zot , imagjino me ua lane ne dore te ktyne msusve msimin e fesë.

E ka dhon italjani , jan lajme ma reale. :mrgreen:

x58y5uw_
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x58y5u ... 04030_news
Lol Simboli. This is the perfect example of my argument that Albanian teachers shouldn't be allowed to touch anything about religion with a 20 foot pole. Idiotic, illiterate, political militants who only get positions by paying money or nepotism.

If I was a parent in Albania, I wouldn't even send my kids to school if I could find a way for them to make friends/socialize in other ways.
Pjetër

lol I thought public schools in America were bad.
Albanian Damien

I know some people might not like to hear this but this is why Christian/Non-Religious Albanians make fun of devout Muslim Albanians:

http://shqiperiaime.al/post-7986/photo-1

There's not one distinguishable Albanian feature about that teacher. She wears a hijab, travels to mecca, and posts ridiculously biased pro-erdogan facebook articles. She literally could have been from Kabul, I would have never assumed she was Albanian if you didn't tell me...
Princ

Albanian Damien wrote:The Kosovars are better singers/artists because they have so much more passion and spirit than mainland Albanians. You can hear it in the Music. For example take a typical Noizy song:

AqQhgITuoiQ

Pretty typical "banger". Not a lot of substance. "Catchy" hook and a nice beat.

Compare it to a Capital T song:

bz6GGN073YA

They are both typical stupid rapper bravado type of songs. Except, Capital T just put much more effort and heart into his and I think you can definitely hear it in the song.

As for beats, yeah Albanian producers are some of the best in the Balkans. We should start actually trying to support our talented young artists. Look at Era Istrefi and Sliva Gunbardhi. They both got a quarter billion views all on their own, no help. That's more views than some of Rihannas, Bieber and Drakes top songs..

As for Unnikkatil, he's interesting. I thought he was the shit in elemtrary/middle school. His flow is usually amazingly on point with whatever song he's on but I think his lyrics are overrated, and he doesn't one good song you can dance to. He's the Cannibus of Albanian rap:

MwUxHH1G6Do

Now if you guys want to just listen to some more of my playlist here's some current Albanian bangers I bump in the car a lot :D

ADlReL1vE64
Rl8FL86EwJc
HS05yU7oZ4
Nobody can touch tba lol and it's not only unikkatil even klepto and jeton are better than any other Albanian rapper .
Albanian Damien

Yeah I used to love TBA, Milot was the best though tbh...

qems0wWZrrg

When I was younger I always thought lyricism mattered over everything. But now that I'm older and after a few years producing my own beats I realized the hard work and talent it takes for a "shitty" rapper to make a good song. So to me I see guys like Unikkatil as great lyricists who can't make a great song. Which is fine if that's what you're into but I believe music should be pleasant on the ears more importantly than everything :D

Also I think everyone in TBA is still living in the same projects right across from Zymi's bar :rrokullisem: :D

Unikkatil can't even go to Albania or Kosova anymore because they tried to start so many beefs...

Like I said when I was younger, all I listened to was TBA. But now that I'm older they seems like such losers and bums..
Aurora Bulkualis

Albanian Damien wrote:I know some people might not like to hear this but this is why Christian/Non-Religious Albanians make fun of devout Muslim Albanians:

http://shqiperiaime.al/post-7986/photo-1

There's not one distinguishable Albanian feature about that teacher. She wears a hijab, travels to mecca, and posts ridiculously biased pro-erdogan facebook articles. She literally could have been from Kabul, I would have never assumed she was Albanian if you didn't tell me...
It was a Muslim school though. Funded by either Erdogan/Gulen. I honestly don't give a shit if she wears a headscarf even though I'm against it. But praising ISIS? Like wtf lmao. Even a fundamentalist like Erdogan is against them.

The problem is lack of oversight from federal government. These guys would let Kim Jong Un build schools in Albania, if he bought them BMWS.
  • Information