EURO 2020: Predictions

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Poland is similar to the Czech as they field a big, physical lineup. Albania struggles to contain this type of opponent.

Hungary presents a better chance for us to take a point. It will be an uphill battle as they have proven to be a resilient squad away from home.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 pm Poor Macedonia LOL

I still think Turkey was the worst team of the tournament. Macedonia kinda held their own in moments against Ukraine and Austria. Turkey was absolutely dominated from minute 1 they entered the tourney.
Yeah Turkey was horrendous, Macedonia second worst. Comparably we were miles better than both in 2016.
artan

Macedonia definitely better than Turkey. Even today they got a bit unlucky with that offside call (it was a close one) and the first Dutch goal there was a foul on Pandev. But regardless, Macedonia may have gotten away with playing a high backline with three amateur defenders and very open style of play against the likes of Lichtenstein but any professional team will expose them. It was suicidal to see how far up their backline was up in possession sometimes.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 pm Poland is similar to the Czech as they field a big, physical lineup. Albania struggles to contain this type of opponent.

Hungary presents a better chance for us to take a point. It will be an uphill battle as they have proven to be a resilient squad away from home.
Our problem is fast paced teams like England not physical lineups. We have enough physical players.

The problem with the Czechs is they played super offensively and sent 6-7 people as forwards, while we had 0 counterattacking ability to strike back.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:42 am Our problem is fast paced teams like England not physical lineups. We have enough physical players.

The problem with the Czechs is they played super offensively and sent 6-7 people as forwards, while we had 0 counterattacking ability to strike back.
England is the problem of every team in Europe, as they were pre-tourney favorites to win outright.

Neither Poland or Czech Republic is on that level, but it is still important to consider the advantages they possess over us.
Plako

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:39 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:42 am Our problem is fast paced teams like England not physical lineups. We have enough physical players.

England is the problem of every team in Europe, as they were pre-tourney favorites to win outright.

Neither Poland or Czech Republic is on that level, but it is still important to consider the advantages they possess over us.
England are terrible. I don't think any of the favorites should worry about England right now.
Dallku

^ Agreed. Against Scotland they looked terrible and against Croatia they got very lucky. You could argue that they got dominated in both games.

I think Germany or Italy will take it. Hopefully Italy.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:30 pm ^ Agreed. Against Scotland they looked terrible and against Croatia they got very lucky. You could argue that they got dominated in both games.

I think Germany or Italy will take it. Hopefully Italy.
I'm praying for a Germany - Italy final so I need Germany to come second in the Group F. Got money on both :)
CanaYouDoIt

Watching this Euros has fully convinced me a defensive approach in international football is the way to go, always thought that but unless you're 2010 Spain being defensive wins games.

Thats our best strength and it should help us win games, the problem is Reja is way too defensive and we dont even do that well due to his system. We lack anything going forward which again he doesnt help. I pray we fix up because this defence is good enough for the Euros or even a world cup.
Princ

Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:26 pm England are terrible. I don't think any of the favorites should worry about England right now.
England is ranked in top 5 by FIFA, ahead of both Germany and Italy. They are 1 of only 3 teams yet to concede a goal.

Only a fool would underestimate them.
  • Information