EURO 2020: Predictions

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:57 pm
Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:26 pm England are terrible. I don't think any of the favorites should worry about England right now.
England is ranked in top 5 by FIFA, ahead of both Germany and Italy. They are 1 of only 3 teams yet to concede a goal.

Only a fool would underestimate them.
They also only scored 2 goals in 3 games. They're 5th place favorites to win the Euros right now. Don't pay attention to the stats but how they played and they haven't convinced at all in all 3 games. They got outplayed by Scotland too.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/euro-2020/winner
Dallku

Watching England it just makes me sad about how Albania was dominated by them.
Princ

Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm They also only scored 2 goals in 3 games. They're 5th place favorites to win the Euros right now. Don't pay attention to the stats but how they played and they haven't convinced at all in all 3 games. They got outplayed by Scotland too.
To call the current 5th, and pre-tourney favorite to win outright a “terrible team” is silly.

England could get knocked out in round of 16, but they are a formidable opponent who should not be underestimated by anyone.
CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm
Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:26 pm England are terrible. I don't think any of the favorites should worry about England right now.
England is ranked in top 5 by FIFA, ahead of both Germany and Italy. They are 1 of only 3 teams yet to concede a goal.

They also only scored 2 goals in 3 games. They're 5th place favorites to win the Euros right now. Don't pay attention to the stats but how they played and they haven't convinced at all in all 3 games. They got outplayed by Scotland too.
Imagine relying on "odds" to say how good a team is.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:04 am Watching England it just makes me sad about how Albania was dominated by them.
Thats Reja and the way he plays for you
Plako

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:19 am
Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Imagine relying on "odds" to say how good a team is.
Anyone can win the Euros as Greece and Denmark have shown in the past but odds are indicative of a general consensus on what people who bet money on the game think. If England didn't have such a massive following they'd have even lower odds. They have managed to disappoint every single tournament I've ever watched them play.
Plako

Princ wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:21 am
Plako wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm They also only scored 2 goals in 3 games. They're 5th place favorites to win the Euros right now. Don't pay attention to the stats but how they played and they haven't convinced at all in all 3 games. They got outplayed by Scotland too.
To call the current 5th, and pre-tourney favorite to win outright a “terrible team” is silly.

England could get knocked out in round of 16, but they are a formidable opponent who should not be underestimated by anyone.
Terrible for England's talent level obviously. Compare them to Italy who don't have any stars but have managed to play outstanding attacking football, unlike most Italian teams of the past. Anyways let's see how England fare in the Round of 16.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:04 am Watching England it just makes me sad about how Albania was dominated by them.
It' all mental I think, we've never fared too well against England yet somehow against Germany we've always played very well.
Princ

Hungarian Bogdani puts it by Neuer in Munich!

Rooting for Hungary to finish second in the group.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

This Hungarian team plays with such confidence.
  • Information