Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:38 am
ZenMaster wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:08 pm
Corruption and "Kanosja" are not exactly same things i believe it's important to keep the facts straight. It says a lot about rule of law in both countries, president of Kosovo FA Agim Ademi is sentenced for a fight that has nothing to do with football(wasn't president during that time) while Albania has officially most fixed championship on the world, the Albanian "champion" is banned for 10 years on european competitions and still Duka wasn't even questioned by any albanian prosecutors.

It's irrelevant if his crimes weren't football related(I believe he was fresh in football so not like he had time) but this goes to show you how easily shady characters get into football. Assuming any place in the Balkans is clean of corruption in football is pure delusion. When successful footballing countries like Croatia, Serbia, etc are complaining about it then you can just imagine how it is in Kosovo(and how it will get worse as more money flows).
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:25 am
As explained above it’s not for corruption and they’ve managed to get their talents to play for them instead of shunning them and forcing them to play for others
No they didn't. That's pure bullshit. I don't see Granit Xhaka, Shaqiri, Januzaj, etc playing for Kosovo. They just got the leftovers from other nations and unhappy players.

Either way that has nothing to do with corruption even if they really did get the best players. That's a different discussion.
Agim Ademi isn't fresh, he sponsored Kosova e Prishtines during 90s and always was close to kosovar football when nobody was even paying attention. Nobody is assuming Balkan is a place clean of corruption, my whole point was Albania FA is so incompetent and corrupt they make look even region states as scandivanian. When the national football becomes a personal business for a person it's big problem, i can find you many examples in world but Serbia under Tole is most perfect example. I don't wanna pretend Duka didn't had transformative role and didn't had a massive part on the 2016 Euro qualification success but since than Albania is downfall and is only getting worse.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster

Princ wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:18 am Does anybody really believe granit xhaka or shaqiri would leave the super stadiums of Switzerland to play on potato field in Kosovo?
Dynamics matter, first of all they are professional athletes who will put their career prospects in the first plan. Not many professional footballers can make it to international big events as Euro's 2016 during their careers,leaving your NT where u have a key role in major tournament for a NT that might never qualify is total nonsense by all means. Valon Berisha deserves a lot of credit for what he did but we should not forget that Norway wasn't qualified so it was "easier" for him than for the likes of Shaqiri,Xhaka,Behrami to make such a decision. We had also the likes of Hetemaj you could switched but they prefered Finland. Ex-Albania NT players who joined Kosovo they did only because it was their best career path just like Ismajli who did same in opposite direction. Kosovo now is complete different team and probably the guys we mentioned might feel some regrets but nobody can blame why they didn't choose Kosovo in a period when it was constantly getting raped by african teams.
Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

Armando Broja on the Chelsea bench for the first time . Already passed Cikalleshis whole career by doing that .
Dallku

Albania needs to be smart with Broja. I remember someone asked him about what NT he's going to play for and he said that he's not sure yet despite playing for Albanian youth teams.

Never trust an Albanian player. Just cap them.
CanaYouDoIt

I don’t remember seeing that but apparently we’re gonna try and cap him ASAP . Luckily we did that with guys like Selahi and Kumbulla , we’ve got better in that regard
ZenMaster

Dallku wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm Albania needs to be smart with Broja. I remember someone asked him about what NT he's going to play for and he said that he's not sure yet despite playing for Albanian youth teams.

Never trust an Albanian player. Just cap them.
Albania should cap him against San Marino and Slovenia. Albania FA offer should be clear, you will be our first choice striker and we will build team around you, otherwise we will lose him. England senior team might be his biggest dream but i hope between England U21 and Albania senior team he will choose us.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

Broja actually made an appearance for Chelsea (granted it was in a blowout victory) but still.. .

He should have been capped months ago against Andorra but these morons insist on Cikaleshi and Balaj to play every single match. Any competent organization would have cap tied him. I don't think we're gonna lose him but I'm sick of having these useless scrubs play match in and match out just because they're products of the Albanian superleague and all friends with the FSHF hierarchy.
CanaYouDoIt

A few months ago was too soon , he was still playing u18 football then . He’s really pushed on since he played for the National u21 . But now we have to call him up in March , there’s no excuses
Princ

Correct me if I’m wrong but capping him in March friendlies against San Marino and Slovenia wouldn’t cap tie him, we’d have to wait until nations league official matches to do that I believe?
CanaYouDoIt

Correct , but it would be good just to see him with the national team . Even though it’s not fully official it would put an end to it really
  • Information