Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:46 pm Also if Bogu was the most prolific goal scorer in our NT history, Roshi was the most prolific assister.

Even the assist for Balaj vs. Portugal which was a bad cross, came out of his insane speed burning the Portuguese LB.
Raketa gave Portugal problems all night with his play down the flank, just as he did every other top opponent we faced. Not a defender in the world could contain him in his day. Rare to see athletes of this caliber come out of Albania..

We did not score many goals back then and without Roshi on the pitch, there was no offence at all. Since that time, I have seen only Broja be able to impact a game like that.

Bogdani —> Roshi —> Broja are the ones who stood out from the rest of the pack during their eras. Best attackers I have seen with my eyes including those big names playing for Kosovo.
Redijupison

Princ wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:45 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:46 pm Also if Bogu was the most prolific goal scorer in our NT history, Roshi was the most prolific assister.

Even the assist for Balaj vs. Portugal which was a bad cross, came out of his insane speed burning the Portuguese LB.
Raketa gave Portugal problems all night with his play down the flank, just as he did every other top opponent we faced. Not a defender in the world could contain him in his day. Rare to see athletes of this caliber come out of Albania..

We did not score many goals back then and without Roshi on the pitch, there was no offence at all. Since that time, I have seen only Broja be able to impact a game like that.

Bogdani —> Roshi —> Broja are the ones who stood out from the rest of the pack during their eras. Best attackers I have seen with my eyes including those big names playing for Kosovo.
No way I'd put Bogdani, Roshi or Broja above Muriqi, Rashica, Valon Berisha or even now Zhegrova at their best. Broja is being massively overrated for his potential. Idk why people seem to disrespect Asani, he was the standout player in Albania's qualifying campaign in arguably the most talented Albanian team ever.

Roshi and Balaj produced a great goal vs Portugal, but Albania has always scored good goal against elite competition forever unable to protect a lead for 90 minutes. You know why that was possible vs Portugal though?!
Princ

AB almost single-handedly qualified us for World Cup (3 goals, 2 assists, 226 minutes WCQ) 20 years old. Which of those players you mentioned have done anything even close? Not only that, look how he absolutely carved up the Spanish defence when we visited.

Big respect to Asani for his accomplishment, but I cannot say he stands out like Roshi or Broja. Those were physically imposing athletes who could give problems to the best defenders in the world. Asani is a small guy, an overachiever underdog story type. Asani has already cemented himself as a legend of the NT, but this could be a hit and run. He does not have the physical tools to sustain it long term. Nuk ma mbush syrin..

As for the Kosovan superstars, I do not believe they would have such inflated attacking numbers playing for a lower scoring Albania side. Muriqi and Rashica both came up through our youth ranks, where they never stood out like Roshi and Broja did.

Check stats for u21..
Roshi 7 goals, 1 assist, 854 minutes
Broja 4 goals, 402 minutes

Rashica 1 goal, 1 assist, 537 minutes
Muriqi 1 goal, 317 minutes

You may say Rashica and Muriqi are late bloomers, but I doubt it. Kosovo, like other Yugoslav countries, plays attacking football and it allows these guys to pad their stats while achieving mediocre results for NT. Honestly, put Uzuni on Kosovo and he probably does 20 goals, 10 assists by now..
Dallku

Players like Asani are becoming extinct in the modern era. They are not wanted in Europe anymore.

The game (and other sports too if you follow) are evolving into super athletes who can play multiple positions and be versatile. The small/weak type is not effective anymore unless he can compensate with out of world technique like Modric/Iniesta.

Now it's all about athleticism. That's why Albania hit the jackpot with Broja but that injury was unfortunate but it might have slowed him down.
Redijupison

Never understood Italian coaches and their fetish to always rely on old players to carry them through big moments. Inzaghi needed a penalty taker and he picks a journeyman line Klaassen instead of someone like Asllani :wallbang:
Florian

Inzaghi got it all wrong yesterday. Not putting Asllani at least for the last 15 min was such a shame, he could have remplaced easily Mkhitaryan or Calhanoglu as Inter needed to keep the draw to go through. Deserved loss tbh.
Dallku

That's why we keep saying that Asllani needs to be braver and more creative when he plays. Passing backwards all the time doesn't cut it because it makes Inzaghi scared to play him in games like these.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Inter were really suffering with energy in midfield, they could have used some young fresh legs, but that's another problem, he isn't the highest energy player.
Skenderbeu9

Arber Hohxa scores against PAOK to make it 3-3 on aggregate

Do you think he will play for us after the Euro?
Princ

Video Adjusting Results system turns yellow into red for Qarabag after they go up 0-1 at Leverkusen best team in Germany still unbeaten.

Two huge goals by Schick in stoppage time put Qarabag away. Serious team from Azerbaijan, just go check what they have been doing in Europe last 10 years. This could have been Skenderbeu..
  • Information