Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:05 am We cannot go back to a pressing style of play as the starting midfielders are all old and out of shape benchwarmers.

The only midfielder who is regularly starting at his club (bottom table Ligue 2) and would be able to keep up the pace is Laci.. even Ramadani has not been a consistent starter at his club since their promotion to the Danish top flight (as sad as it is).

De Biasi did not have these problems during our qualification campaign as Xhaka, Abrashi, Kukeli (and for the most part Lila and Lenjani) were all match-fit and well conditioned, at the time. These men were the core of that team..

That all being said, the most serious lineup I believe we can field at the moment (injury free) would be a traditional 4-4-2:

———Cikalleshi-Broja
Uzuni-Abrashi-Gjasula-Roshi
Ismajli-Djimsiti-Kumbulla-Hysaj
————Strakosha
It's not about pressing. It's about bunkering. Those midfielders you talk about don't have the technical ability to even surpass Lithuania/Belarus let alone match up against France or Belgium. France will eat these guys alive.

People trashed on Kace, but with him midfield was always under control. We got the biggest win ever in our NT history with him as a protagonist. (Even though it was a semi-friendly). We need people with high technical skills in central midfield or will we always get outplayed. Our number #1 problem against teams like England/Wales/Scotland is we have no one to control tempo and slow things down when they're heating up badly. They increase the tempo and we get absolutely trashed.
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:19 am Ismaji LB ? Would rather put Hysaj there and then Doka RB as he looked competent . We even have Balliu and what happened to Binaku , he seemed good to me.

But apart from that looks decent for what we have right now. As for Xhaka the guy would be playing if he didnt disrespect every coach lmao
Doka seemed good, but again I don't buy these 1-2 game performances. Need to see a lot more from him.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Klejdi1023

A midfield trio of Bare,Kace, and Kallaku is as technical as we could get. Become a poor version of Spain and play some attractive technical football. I liked Kace and I hope he comes back. Deff better than the current lot of cm’s we have.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:25 am A midfield trio of Bare,Kace, and Kallaku is as technical as we could get. Become a poor version of Spain and play some attractive technical football. I liked Kace and I hope he comes back. Deff better than the current lot of cm’s we have.
We don't even have to become a poor man's Spain. Just have a midfield that can slow things down. Midfielders that can hold the ball for more than a few seconds.

When we face fast/physical teams like France and England our "bulldogs" look chihuahuas. They literally get ran over. There is a reason we beat France 1-0 with Kace.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Yeah in this era of PNP and our midfield has guys like Gjasula and Abrashi . I like Abrashi but at 5’6 there’s only so much he can do .
Skenderbeu9

The ideal midlefield for Albania is Gjasula DMF and in front of him Abrashi/Xhaka or Kace/Kallaku

All the other guys maybe Bare apart are laughable Selahi Ndoj have some height are young but l think the wind 🌬️ can blow them away Ramadani Qose Qaka Lika make Lila look like Kante Laçi is perfect for Laçi
Memushaj is too young he should stay with the U 21 for a couple of years and then we see

P.S. We should have capped Olayinka
CanaYouDoIt

We should have not capped Olayinka . He simply isn’t Albanian . Living somewhere for 3 years doesn’t make you Albanian.
Skenderbeu9

No he is not Albanian by blood and will never be but when such a talent offers himself to a 3rd tier footballing nation like us you shouldn't pass the opportunity
Every nation has or had a player who has no prior connection to the national team he is playing for
You want examples?

Mario Fernandes ,Guilerme, Ari Russia
Junior Moraes Ukraine
Amauri,Camoranesi,Jorginho Italy
Marcos Senna, Diego Costa Spain
Marco Aurelio Turkey
Zeca Greece
Muric Kosova

But yes we shouldn't 😂🤣😂 cause we are superior to them we have Trashi , Balaj ,Doka ,Manaj he cannot fit with these world beaters

Is someone like Balliu (1/8 Albanian doesn't speak the language) Aliji (Albanian speaking gypsy who never lived in Albania) much more Albanians than him?
artan

Balliu doesn't even get called up and he'll arguably be a starter for us. Aliji hasn't been called up in a while and he was a LB (position of need) and I believe he's a half Albanian from Macedonian. Ironically, you're calling him a gypsy but want a Nigerian on the NT.

Olayinka is a neat player but looking at his stats he's not exactly tearing up the Czech league (6 goals in all competitions last year and 4 goals this year). He's the same caliber of player Uzuini is. And regardless they offered Olayinka a call up but as soon as that happened Nigeria decided to call him up and he chose them instead (shocker!). He used us to get a call up from the Nigerian NT
CanaYouDoIt

Skenderbeu9 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:18 pm No he is not Albanian by blood and will never be but when such a talent offers himself to a 3rd tier footballing nation like us you shouldn't pass the opportunity
Every nation has or had a player who has no prior connection to the national team he is playing for
You want examples?

Mario Fernandes ,Guilerme, Ari Russia
Junior Moraes Ukraine
Amauri,Camoranesi,Jorginho Italy
Marcos Senna, Diego Costa Spain
Marco Aurelio Turkey
Zeca Greece
Muric Kosova

But yes we shouldn't 😂🤣😂 cause we are superior to them we have Trashi , Balaj ,Doka ,Manaj he cannot fit with these world beaters

Is someone like Balliu (1/8 Albanian doesn't speak the language) Aliji (Albanian speaking gypsy who never lived in Albania) much more Albanians than him?

Let’s just start making the whole national team full of foreigners who are better than our Albanians.

He ain’t even that good to be worrying about it
Skenderbeu9

They didn't even gave him an Albanian passport how on earth he was called up
The guy said if Albania calls me first I'll play for them
We didn't
Nigeria saw that they might lose him and decided to cap him Thats normal stuff

Either way your problem is that he is zezak

If he was white they would invent an Albanian grandfather and everyone woul been happy
  • Information