Albanian teams in Europe 2019 - 2020

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:19 amUEFA suspending teams for corruption is just bullshit picking and choosing. So far they have only banned Skenderbeu and some village Macedonian team from years ago. Are they the only teams responsible for match fixing in the entire continent? Hell no. They were just the easiest to make an example out of. Simple as that. I know for a fact that Olympiakos has been fixing games for 60 years but UEFA would never ban them because it interests them for Greece to be represented in Europe.
You're absolutely right there about Olympiakos and even Juventus in Italy has pulled the same shit for years. I don't mind that Skenderbeu fixed European games honestly. I couldn't care less as they made $$$ and they raised our league coefficient.

What I have a problem with is that they totally killed Superliga competition and basically killed any incentive for other teams to improve and do well. The health of any league is determined by how competitive it is. Look at how poorly Serie A fares internationally now since Juventus is pulling a Skenderbeu in Italy. Skenderbeu started winning the domestic league through some very shady methods, especially against Flamurtari when they won their first title, after battling relegation the prior year. I'm not gonna deny that they won fair and square some of those domestic titles but they did kill the domestic competition. And look where we are now. By concentrating all of the talent and money in Korce we're now screwed overall due to the ban. No team has any CL experience since Korca was playing CL for all these years.
  • Information