Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

When I read Uzuni scored in La Liga, I knew it was a penalty before I even clicked the article
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Super professional Hysaj warmed the bench once again today..

Rexhbecaj has been a no doubt starter for a few years in Bundesliga. At 25 years old, he may be wasting the prime of his life holding out hope for German NT call up.

Kosovo could use his services in midfield.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:36 pm Super professional Hysaj warmed the bench once again today..

Rexhbecaj has been a no doubt starter for a few years in Bundesliga. At 25 years old, he may be wasting the prime of his life holding out hope for German NT call up.

Kosovo could use his services in midfield.
Brajan Gruda playing good mins too right now, get them both into our team and it’s really starting to look promising. Qualifying for the euros would be huge in getting these types of talents in.

Also Hysaj been injured the whole of preseason, no need to rush him back.
Dallku

A player struggling is Mario Mitaj. He has made some mistakes defensively and was scapegoated for losing 4-1 to CSKA Moscow. Even former Russian players were calling him out in the media. Has been buried on the bench since.

We didn't notice it because it was only Moldova and Liechnstein but Mario struggles a lot defensively, especially physically he gets pushed around. These slavic teams are harsh though because if he was a Russian youngster they would probably let him play through his mistakes. On the ball Mario is high level.
artan

I wouldn’t be worried about Hysaj. He’s a professional and had a good stretch to close the year last year. I’m sure he’ll be getting many minutes this year and his defensive capabilities will be needed against Czech and Poland. The problem with him has always been when the managers ask him to be an attacking wingback.

It should be Hysaj and Balliu the fullback pairing. I don’t think there’s a realistic alternative.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:34 pm I wouldn’t be worried about Hysaj. He’s a professional and had a good stretch to close the year last year. I’m sure he’ll be getting many minutes this year and his defensive capabilities will be needed against Czech and Poland. The problem with him has always been when the managers ask him to be an attacking wingback.

It should be Hysaj and Balliu the fullback pairing. I don’t think there’s a realistic alternative.
Yeah this is it, the FBs should be Hysaj and Balliu and as long as they are fit I’m not really worried about Mitaj struggling right now.
Princ

Iniesta is the mascot again today in Cagliari..

Third midfield spot up for grabs at the moment. Albania is so much better with Bare on the bench that it would suck to see him back in the formation for these huge matches. Abrashi has been playing 90 minutes for his club, while Gjasula warmed the bench last weekend.

Ramadani is a lock and Baggio should be too, in my opinion. Rooting for Iniesta to take that third spot in the future, but right now it looks to be a toss up.
Dallku

Ironically Bare is putting on a show for Espanyol in the 2nd division. Assisting and dominating. http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/video- ... kampionat/

Yet another example of how different the levels are. In La Liga not only he couldn't stay fit (because the league was too physically demanding) but I think 1 assist is what he got in 2 seasons there.

It's tough for Asllani but he should get some play time once the cup matches begin.

It has to be said though, Asllani, Kumbulla and Broja are literally made from the same cloth mentality wise. Other youngsters demand moves if play time is not guaranteed. The Albos are just happy to be there..
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:31 pm Ironically Bare is putting on a show for Espanyol in the 2nd division. Assisting and dominating. http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/video- ... kampionat/

Yet another example of how different the levels are. In La Liga not only he couldn't stay fit (because the league was too physically demanding) but I think 1 assist is what he got in 2 seasons there.

It's tough for Asllani but he should get some play time once the cup matches begin.

It has to be said though, Asllani, Kumbulla and Broja are literally made from the same cloth mentality wise. Other youngsters demand moves if play time is not guaranteed. The Albos are just happy to be there..
I think you’re being very harsh. He played quite regularly the first year in La Liga and only missed a huge amount last year because he ruptured an ankle ligament that ruined his year.

Broja is just coming back from a major injury and is going to have the backup spot to slowly get him back into things.

They’re playing at 3 top clubs, mins are shared, to say they have poor mentality because they’re staying at top clubs at 21years old is just stupid. The fact they are there shows their quality and it always takes time to really establish yourself.

Kumbulla is the one who should look to be leaving, he’s the one who will be 24 when he comes back from injury and needs game time, it’s like not Roma is a top team either. Also Inter don’t even want to get rid of Asllani, they like him, it’s just the coach who has a weird agenda.

I would like Asllani to leave though especially if this Brighton rumour is true.
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:27 am
Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:31 pm Ironically Bare is putting on a show for Espanyol in the 2nd division. Assisting and dominating. http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/video- ... kampionat/

I think you’re being very harsh. He played quite regularly the first year in La Liga and only missed a huge amount last year because he ruptured an ankle ligament that ruined his year.

Broja is just coming back from a major injury and is going to have the backup spot to slowly get him back into things.

They’re playing at 3 top clubs, mins are shared, to say they have poor mentality because they’re staying at top clubs at 21years old is just stupid. The fact they are there shows their quality and it always takes time to really establish yourself.

Kumbulla is the one who should look to be leaving, he’s the one who will be 24 when he comes back from injury and needs game time, it’s like not Roma is a top team either. Also Inter don’t even want to get rid of Asllani, they like him, it’s just the coach who has a weird agenda.

I would like Asllani to leave though especially if this Brighton rumour is true.
It's harsh but it's kinda true. Bare definitely is a competent player and is more than capable in a top division. But in a top division he will be asked to be a "pitbull" as he doesn't really have the technical abilities to be a player that can have the offense flow through him or a facilitator. He does enough things right offensively at an okay level though. In the second division where the game isn't as fast and the oppositions don't have elite attacking talent he can actually showcase his offensive ability more.

That being said I always liked him and he is without a doubt our best two way midfielder. It kinda seems like the threat for Asllani's position now is real with Ramadani being in form and I don't think it's the best to have both Ramadani and Asllani in the lineup at the same time as they are very similar. The only way Ramadani/Asllani makes sense is if a pure attacking midfielder plays in front of them (Bajrami) or else a midfield trio of (Ramadani/Asllani/Bare) will be flat.

The manager has alot of options at his disposal and the strongest we've been in some time. No excuses and no more moral loses.
  • Information