Albania vs Poland/ Euro's 24 Qualifiers 10/09/23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:21 pm I like Daku. He isn't flashy but he has some very solid characteristics.

He's tall and fairly strong and his best attribute would be his touch, which is amazing for his height.

He has the size and the technique to be effective as a target man and outlet for the players, which wasn't true of past strikers like Cika or Manaj who had strength but bad technique so it would not stick.

He also has a good goal record indicating he may be a good finisher. Size, touch, finishing.
What I like about Daku is that he contributes to the overall game much more than Cikaleshi. He's active, draws fouls, seemed better in winning possession and more physical. I don't expect Daku to be a tremendous goal scorer but he's got size and he's very active. It's why I hated guys like Cikaleshi, Manaj and Balaj over the years because not only were they poor goal poachers but they didn't contribute to other aspects of the game and it was like playing with a negative player. He's also got that dog in him which Cikaleshi doesn't have.

He's what I hoped Edgar Cani would have been back in the day.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:31 amWhat I like about Daku is that he contributes to the overall game much more than Cikaleshi. He's active, draws fouls, seemed better in winning possession and more physical. I don't expect Daku to be a tremendous goal scorer but he's got size and he's very active. It's why I hated guys like Cikaleshi, Manaj and Balaj over the years because not only were they poor goal poachers but they didn't contribute to other aspects of the game and it was like playing with a negative player. He's also got that dog in him which Cikaleshi doesn't have.

He's what I hoped Edgar Cani would have been back in the day.
We haven't had a striker like Daku since Tare. The contrast between him and CIka is so stark. Goal aside, he did more in the first 5 minutes after coming in than Cika did in the last 2 games.
Deni

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:52 pm I feel like it's too late for Asani to have a good club career considering his age, but he can be like Roshi for us. But instead of Roshi's assists, he can score some screamers.
I was just thinking that earlier aswell. He literally can be like Roshi for us. Props to Sylvinho for discovering him. I mentioned before that since his debut this year he has played well in every single game for us. Who would have guessed ?

Hopefully he scores another screamer against the Czechs :rrokullisem:
CanaYouDoIt

morning after and I still can’t believe it. we’re going to the euros
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:43 am https://fb.watch/m_l8Dgl3MS/
This was the best post-game celebration. What a massive win!
artan

Deni wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:38 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:52 pm I feel like it's too late for Asani to have a good club career considering his age, but he can be like Roshi for us. But instead of Roshi's assists, he can score some screamers.
I was just thinking that earlier aswell. He literally can be like Roshi for us. Props to Sylvinho for discovering him. I mentioned before that since his debut this year he has played well in every single game for us. Who would have guessed ?

This run by Asani reminds me of Valdet Rama in the 2014 WCQ. Rama came out of nowhere and carried us for that stretch before we choked against Slovenia.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

artan wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:55 pm
Deni wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:38 am

This run by Asani reminds me of Valdet Rama in the 2014 WCQ. Rama came out of nowhere and carried us for that stretch before we choked against Slovenia.
Valdet Rama was very good for us but back then we were so used to watching De Biasi's bunker tactics so seeing a player actually try to do something offensively and create made him seem like Cristiano Ronaldo. Asani has the potential to be even better now. His international play could help him move to a better league too.
Plako

Genti wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:39 amValdet Rama was very good for us but back then we were so used to watching De Biasi's bunker tactics so seeing a player actually try to do something offensively and create made him seem like Cristiano Ronaldo. Asani has the potential to be even better now. His international play could help him move to a better league too.
With all the connections we have to Italy I hope moves to Serie A.
  • Information