Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

That tie pretty much guaranteed us qualification if we beat Faroe Islands.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Also, Moldova on steroids... Crazy. But we should go all out, because it gets us the #1 spot, which we've never done in our history.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Moldova will be extremely motivated against us, also because they can make the playoffs as well as qualify as 2nd.

Let's give our all to win. It will be a challenge and we just keep building confidence with good, 100% effort performances
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:30 pm Also, Moldova on steroids... Crazy. But we should go all out, because it gets us the #1 spot, which we've never done in our history.
I don't know dude. Poland and Czechia have got to be the worst Pot 1 and Pot 2 teams in these qualifiers. They have been absolutely atrocious. Czechia could barely barely won 1-0 at home against the Faroes today.
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:37 pm Moldova will be extremely motivated against us, also because they can make the playoffs as well as qualify as 2nd.

Let's give our all to win. It will be a challenge and we just keep building confidence with good, 100% effort performances
We're going to Chisinau needing a draw and they need a win. I could see ending 3-0 for us. Daku, Asani, Bajrami will have a field day.
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:49 pm I don't know dude. Poland and Czechia have got to be the worst Pot 1 and Pot 2 teams in these qualifiers. They have been absolutely atrocious. Czechia could barely barely won 1-0 at home against the Faroes today.
If Poland/Czech were in their best form, and Albania was getting these 2-0/3-0 results, that'd put us on par with Germany or Spain. We got stupid lucky this edition since those teams were playing badly, but the important part is we pounced on that luck, just like the Serbia shit in 2016.

We still got a long way to improve. Need to find a permanent partner for Gym (Kumbulla a huge question mark), fix the GK situation. Get Broja back. Find a proper winger pair (I don't buy Seferi as a starter).
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:37 am
Plako wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:49 pm I don't know dude. Poland and Czechia have got to be the worst Pot 1 and Pot 2 teams in these qualifiers. They have been absolutely atrocious. Czechia could barely barely won 1-0 at home against the Faroes today.
If Poland/Czech were in their best form, and Albania was getting these 2-0/3-0 results, that'd put us on par with Germany or Spain. We got stupid lucky this edition since those teams were playing badly, but the important part is we pounced on that luck, just like the Serbia shit in 2016.

We still got a long way to improve. Need to find a permanent partner for Gym (Kumbulla a huge question mark), fix the GK situation. Get Broja back. Find a proper winger pair (I don't buy Seferi as a starter).
Agreed that we got plenty room to improve but what I like is the positivity that is surrounding our camp right now and a sense of belief that they'll win. We've never had that before so it' snice to see it. Sylvinho is literally doing wonders.
Deni

100% agree with you. Sylvinho has been here for less than 1 year and has absolutely revolutionized our NT team.

The biggest credit goes to him for:
1. Getting rid of that ugly formation we played with Reja
2. Discovering hidden gems like Asani, Mitaj etc
3. The team is more calm in possession. I remember under De Biasi the ball was like hot potato.
4. Getting the best out of the players

Sylvinho has some quirks to him like he keeps playing Cikalleshi and Seferi but I feel like he will faze them out eventually.

Overall I think he may be one of the best coaches we had. I am not gonna lie tho, when we first appointed him I thought he was going to be Panucci 2.0.
IndritFieri1

I have a feeling that Panucci would have done good if he has lasted as well.

At least better than Reja. The only problem with him was that he had the status not to take shit from anyone and as an Italian was familiar with Albanian way of doing things and was too confrontational

I remember he had us get some good results and some good goals.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

IndritFieri1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:35 pm I have a feeling that Panucci would have done good if he has lasted as well.

At least better than Reja. The only problem with him was that he had the status not to take shit from anyone and as an Italian was familiar with Albanian way of doing things and was too confrontational

But he lost the team and if you don't have control over the players even Mourinho wouldn't get results.
Plako

IndritFieri1 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:35 pm I have a feeling that Panucci would have done good if he has lasted as well.

He also played more attacking football than GDB which was a nice change.
  • Information