Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:33 pm
You're just arguing against points that aren't made, it must already be obvious to you that Turkey is a respectable league and Superiore isnt and that would be the first reply given to you.

When he says "in form" hes obviously noting the fact its in a decent league and I dont think anybody values the form of Balaj with Vllaznia.

So now all of a sudden league strength matters for "form"....??

but Turkish league is not respectable. It's top heavy like the Croatian league. Difference is that the Turks have 3 teams while the Croats have one. Albanian leaguers like Ethemi, Rroca, Cekici, a finished Lenjani, etc easily started in the Turkish league. '
'
This is Vrioni all over again. He used to score every week in Austria but never passed the eye test. Now he's a shitty reserve in the MLS.

and you used to hype him up too while he was scoring....
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:16 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:33 pm
You're just arguing against points that aren't made, it must already be obvious to you that Turkey is a respectable league and Superiore isnt and that would be the first reply given to you.

When he says "in form" hes obviously noting the fact its in a decent league and I dont think anybody values the form of Balaj with Vllaznia.

So now all of a sudden league strength matters for "form"....??

but Turkish league is not respectable. It's top heavy like the Croatian league. Difference is that the Turks have 3 teams while the Croats have one. Albanian leaguers like Ethemi, Rroca, Cekici, a finished Lenjani, etc easily started in the Turkish league. '
'
This is Vrioni all over again. He used to score every week in Austria but never passed the eye test. Now he's a shitty reserve in the MLS.

and you used to hype him up too while he was scoring....
Of course it does... form is as strong as the opponents it comes against. Form against 8th league players doesn't tell anyone anything. Good form in Turkey might tell people something.

The point of disagreement here is clearly that you don't think goals in Turkey mean anything, for which I disagree, mainly given the fact that he has done the best against the big teams he played and also that he plays for a weak team himself that doesnt create much.

Keep in mind the high scorers in this league are usually pretty good players. He is up there with names like Icardi who only has 1 goal more despite playing for an infinitely superior team thats lost 1 game all season.

Vrioni had a below average season but I don't think he is useless to the NT either. He's certainly better than Cikalleshi and he'll likely improve this upcoming season.

The guys you named might have started games(I believe at least 2 of them got benched eventually) but they certainly werent amongst the best players of the league... Manaj is.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Turkey is on par with Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, etc... Not a Top 5 league, but better than Croatia and Poland for sure.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:36 am Turkey is on par with Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, etc... Not a Top 5 league, but better than Croatia and Poland for sure.

You really believe there would be a difference if Lokomotiva Zagreb were to face Sivaspor or Osijek vs Rizespor, etc etc? These are all 50/50 matches.

It's all the same mediocre level.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:07 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:36 am Turkey is on par with Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, etc... Not a Top 5 league, but better than Croatia and Poland for sure.

You really believe there would be a difference if Lokomotiva Zagreb were to face Sivaspor or Osijek vs Rizespor, etc etc? These are all 50/50 matches.

It's all the same mediocre level.
Scoring 20+ goals in Turkey isnt that easy and usually the players who do it are talented players. Take someone like Sorloth for example who failed in England but rebuilt his career after a great season with Trabzonspor.

We will see anyway but my guess is that he will go for a high transfer fee to a good club this summer. At least 6-7 million.
artan

Turkey like most non top 5-6 leagues generally are garbage outside the top few teams in those leagues. There's no difference between Lokomotiv Zagreb or Antylaspor or FC Socchi.
Aurora Bulkualis

Lol Croatia has 10 teams, and 5 of them are Superliga level. Poland has 18, and like anything after the Top 10 is Superliga level too. Take away DZ, and the strongest teams in these leagues are the weakest in Turkey.

If I were to give them grades I'd do something like

A Top 5 Leagues
B Turkey, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia
C Poland, Croatia
D Albania, Macedonia
F Semi-Pro
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:46 am Lol Croatia has 10 teams, and 5 of them are Superliga level. Poland has 18, and like anything after the Top 10 is Superliga level too. Take away DZ, and the strongest teams in these leagues are the weakest in Turkey.

If I were to give them grades I'd do something like

A Top 5 Leagues
B Turkey, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia
C Poland, Croatia
D Albania, Macedonia
F Semi-Pro
KF Ballkani was able to beat and draw a Turkish team last year in the conference league. Like everyone has said it's a watered down league outside the top 4 teams. A team like like Besiktas or Galatasary are quality teams but the random mid table team probably is just as bad as the random first team in Poland or Belgium.

Turkey is also a league that gets overrated because it's a big football crazed country that is able to attract somewhat big names on the down end of the career.
Aurora Bulkualis

It's crazy seeing someone that played for Partizani like Rrahmani playing in the CL KOs and stopping Barcelona. Hysaj went to the KOs too, but he left Albania early in youth system.

I wish Albanian players would have some more discipline and confidence and they can achieve so much more. Even playing in the Superliga... it's never too late to be a big name.
Princ

Muci 8 shots yesterday..

Big accomplishment that a young player raised in Albania starts for a club like Besiktas. Gotten off to a hot start with NT as well, 2 goals 225 minutes. Very excited to see where this goes!
  • Information