UFC/MMA/Boxing

All other sports besides football: volleyball, basketball, boxing, cycling, Formula One, weightlifting etc.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

"The Albanian King" shown to be the fraud he is the first time he faces a decent boxer.

Hopefully the schtick can end now.
Princ

Princ wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:30 am Marku is coming in with all the momentum in the world here. He has never lost in the ring, but will be fighting at a pretty substantial size disadvantage. If it was me advising Florian, I would tell him not to take this fight.

God bless Marku and good luck to him!
Albanian King lost.. 😢😢

Florian has a heart of gold and he would never turn down a fight, but it was terrible matchmaking by his team.

Marku was a great draw, undefeated, and improving with every fight. There was no need to match him up against a bigger man like that. From the very start, Kongo was all wrong for him. Honestly, it makes no sense and feels like a set up.

Kongo is a weight bully and a very talented boxer. Even in the matches he lost to Mckinson and Essuman, he went in as the favourite. Kongo was always going to be too big and too skilled for Marku. There was no chance the Albanian would look good tonight. I knew it from the very start..

Either way, I am super proud of Florian for what he has accomplished. Sold out Air Albania and always gave his all in the ring. He is no quitter and a real fighting man.

Impressive to witness his journey from kickboxer to MMA fighter to boxer. He has done really well for himself, his family and his country!

Respect!
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

If Marku couldn't beat Kongo (who is decent but British or European level at most, not top10 or even top15 in the division) then he never had any chance competing for anything meaningful.

We'll see if he can turn it around but it's doubtful. He already drew to a very weak opponent and now losing to Kongo. It just looks like he isn't cut out for it.
Princ

Marku is no world beater but still new to the sport and learning on the fly. You could tell the progress he was making with each fight. I actually think he is pretty good, and could give problems to any of the best domestic level fighters in the UK. Heart of gold, balls of steel and never say die attitude. Unfortunately, this was just a bad matchup for him..

Putting him up against a taller, longer, more experienced weight bully like Kongo made absolutely zero sense. Kongo is not a big name, holds no belts, and is coming off a loss. All risk and no reward for our Albanian King!

Kongo had been banging down the door calling for Marku and you can see why. He has just revived his career again by beating a big name..

Marku was always a super confident warrior who feared no man, but his team let him down big time here. Their job is to protect the fighter and lead him down an easy path to the top of the sport. What were they thinking?!

This was a set up!
  • Information