Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 pm Ajaccio concedes far and away the least goals in Ligue 2 this season (19 in 37 matches). Next in line, top seed Toulouse has eaten 32.

An interesting stat to show the impact of a player like Qazim Laci defensively. His addition to starting lineup was felt as we held Spain scoreless for 75 minutes in Barcelona.

Perfect type of midfielder for Albania!
If you truly believe that Laci is the reason for defensive stability then I don't know what to tell you
Dallku

The irony is that Qazim is a "weak midget" just like Bare..

So does height/physicality matter? Or it only does when they play in professional leagues?? lol

Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm The irony is that Qazim is a "weak midget" just like Bare..

So does height/physicality matter? Or it only does when they play in professional leagues?? lol

Qazim Laci is listed at 1.80m. Very good size for the position.

Physicality means a combination of strength, and conditioning. In this case, it is the ability to pressure the opponent effectively, without getting tired.

Player has experience of playing in a tight system that does not allow many goals. A perfect fit for an underdog like Albania..
Dallku

That 1.80 is fake and the eye test will tell you that. He always looks like one of the smallest on the field.

But since you want official confirmation this is from Ajaccio's site where he's listed as 1.75m... !!!! aka 5'7"

https://ac-ajaccio.corsica/detail-joueu ... 13-co.html

That's Messi height. Way below average.

I suspect Bare's wikipedia height is fake too. He's like 5'5 or 5'6 at best.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:19 pm That 1.80 is fake and the eye test will tell you that. He always looks like one of the smallest on the field.

But since you want official confirmation this is from Ajaccio's site where he's listed as 1.75m... !!!! aka 5'7"

https://ac-ajaccio.corsica/detail-joueu ... 13-co.html

That's Messi height. Way below average.

I suspect Bare's wikipedia height is fake too. He's like 5'5 or 5'6 at best.
1.75 is around 5'8/9 , which is believable. But still that isn't exactly "tall" like Princ is obsessed with
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 pm

1.75 is around 5'8/9 , which is believable. But still that isn't exactly "tall" like Princ is obsessed with

There is no "around". It's literally 5'7. You can google it.
Princ

The taller, the better..

5’9” is solid at the position though, and I value the physicality of Laci, who can press all match without getting tired. Such a player is key for team like ours, as we will not be expected to hold a majority of the possession.

Longer legs are always more effective at winning the ball, and a player standing 5’5” will not only be useless in that regard, but also in the air.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:54 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 pm

There is no "around". It's literally 5'7. You can google it.
I did, that's where I got the 5'8/9 number. 173 is 5'8 because that's what I am.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:57 pm The taller, the better..

5’9” is solid at the position though, and I value the physicality of Laci, who can press all match without getting tired. Such a player is key for team like ours, as we will not be expected to hold a majority of the possession.

Longer legs are always more effective at winning the ball, and a player standing 5’5” will not only be useless in that regard, but also in the air.
5'9 is barely average in the normal population, for a CM that isn't big at all. Stop talking about the physicality of Laci, he doesn't have any. Guy is so bad on the ball but he runs loads so I guess its ok
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

andi2410 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 pm At least Uzuni is getting his name on some stats. It wouldn''t look good to have 0s all around.

Broja's main problem is effort/mindset. I have watched all his games, he is very lazy. Pay attention to his movement when his team is pressing forward. Broja rarely ever attacks the space, rarely ever hungry. He just hides, or waits for the ball to somehow fall to him out of the sky. It is so bizarre to watch a player with such gifts waste it because of effort. At 20, sufficient running should never be his problem.
I definitely appreciate Uzuni's enthusiasm and hard work. Something a lot of players are missing. But even that can only take you so far. If you don't have the technical ability + mental fortitude, you'll only get "scraps" at this level.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information