Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:58 pm This guy has been going back and fourth to Greece and Albania youth teams. I thought you can only switch FAs once? The rules don't seem clear about it.
It looks like Andreas-Richardos has trouble making up his mind.. :zgerdhimje:
Redijupison

artan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:39 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:17 pm This dude is a 6"3 midfielder... Should've been called up a long time ago.

Actually, it seems he played last month for the U21. So we're good.
Florin Durmishaj played many matches for our U21 and was called up for him to only reject us for Greece. Even someone like Mihaj would have accepted a Greek call up in a heartbeat if he had the chance and publically made comments about it. Until Ndoj suits up for us I am skeptical.
True compatriots from Jugu :talumsha:
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Redijupison wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:15 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:17 pm This dude is a 6"3 midfielder... Should've been called up a long time ago.

Actually, it seems he played last month for the U21. So we're good.
Florin Durmishaj played many matches for our U21 and was called up for him to only reject us for Greece. Even someone like Mihaj would have accepted a Greek call up in a heartbeat if he had the chance and publically made comments about it. Until Ndoj suits up for us I am skeptical.
Idk anyone from the south with the last name "Ndoj". As for this Durmishaj (never even heard of him), guy is clearly a scrub who just wants a higher pay raise at his Greek clubs.

Guys like Broja or Asllani don't need NTs to make money. Their club career is promising enough.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Redijupison

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:14 am
Redijupison wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:15 am

Idk anyone from the south with the last name "Ndoj". As for this Durmishaj (never even heard of him), guy is clearly a scrub who just wants a higher pay raise at his Greek clubs.

Guys like Broja or Asllani don't need NTs to make money. Their club career is promising enough.
Yeah, probably a bit far fetched from my side but these Albos in Greece are so close to Albania that it makes it fucking embarrassing to put them in the same basket as the other diaspora kids, Kaçe now that was a different bread, it's a shame how his career turned out though.
Dallku

Redijupison wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:18 am

Yeah, probably a bit far fetched from my side but these Albos in Greece are so close to Albania that it makes it fucking embarrassing to put them in the same basket as the other diaspora kids, Kaçe now that was a different bread, it's a shame how his career turned out though.

The only diaspora that has shown loyalty are Italian-Albos. Some of them could've easily played for Italy u21 and even "wait" for a chance to the senior team but they have chosen Albania without hesitation.

Kosovar diaspora is the most mercenary. The excuse used to be that they are waiting for Kosovo NT or you can't blame them because Kosovo doesn't have a NT but fast forward the amount of them that have rejected, given word and not backed it or simply switched out of Kosovo are insane numbers. Mediocre players too ... but would rather be the 7th choice CBs of Sweden than accept Kosovo.
Redijupison

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:31 pm
Redijupison wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:18 am

The only diaspora that has shown loyalty are Italian-Albos. Some of them could've easily played for Italy u21 and even "wait" for a chance to the senior team but they have chosen Albania without hesitation.

Kosovar diaspora is the most mercenary. The excuse used to be that they are waiting for Kosovo NT or you can't blame them because Kosovo doesn't have a NT but fast forward the amount of them that have rejected, given word and not backed it or simply switched out of Kosovo are insane numbers. Mediocre players too ... but would rather be the 7th choice CBs of Sweden than accept Kosovo.
Lol, apart from Kaçe, these other Albanians from Greece like Kone, Nini, Durmishaj etc hate to even mention their roots, some of them fully deny them. I get it that's impossible for you to swallow it, but you can't deny it, which is fucked up.

Our diaspora elsewhere is 50/50 be it from Kosovë or Albania. Euro 2016 doesn't happen without the kosovar diaspora and Albania would've probably have still a pot 1 or 2 NT if not for Kosovë to be accepted in UEFA & FIFA when it did.
Princ

What bothers me most is Greece stealing top Albanian weightlifters like Pirro Dhima and Luan Shabani, who went on to medal in the Olympics.
Pure Albanians who were products of Albanian weightlifting..

I am not so much bothered by the players who are born or raised in foreign countries choosing not to represent Albania, for they are not the products of ours.
Dallku

Redijupison wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:26 pm

Lol, apart from Kaçe, these other Albanians from Greece like Kone, Nini, Durmishaj etc hate to even mention their roots, some of them fully deny them. I get it that's impossible for you to swallow it, but you can't deny it, which is fucked up.

Our diaspora elsewhere is 50/50 be it from Kosovë or Albania. Euro 2016 doesn't happen without the kosovar diaspora and Albania would've probably have still a pot 1 or 2 NT if not for Kosovë to be accepted in UEFA & FIFA when it did.

Kone, Durmishaj never denied their roots though. Only Ninis did and he's from Himara so he has a valid case for being a Greek minority.

Ndoj claims he's from Albania too. He has shkoder on his ig location but I will be shocked if he doesn't play for Greece. Mostly due to the Olympiakos politics and their ultras.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:11 pm Kone, Durmishaj never denied their roots though. Only Ninis did and he's from Himara so he has a valid case for being a Greek minority.

Ndoj claims he's from Albania too. He has shkoder on his ig location but I will be shocked if he doesn't play for Greece. Mostly due to the Olympiakos politics and their ultras.
DNA wise, southern Albanians and Greeks are both descendants of the Pelasgians, so there is not much difference there. Same race..

Whoever produced the talent in question, deserves to bear the fruits of it. Ndoj is a Greek product, so he should play for Greece.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Princ wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:21 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:11 pm Kone, Durmishaj never denied their roots though. Only Ninis did and he's from Himara so he has a valid case for being a Greek minority.

DNA wise, southern Albanians and Greeks are both descendants of the Pelasgians, so there is not much difference there. Same race..

Whoever produced the talent in question, deserves to bear the fruits of it. Ndoj is a Greek product, so he should play for Greece.
I don't think "Pelasgian" is a proper academic term. By that logic, 90% of Europeans are Indo-Europeans like Albanians so it shouldn't matter if they play for Switzerland either.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information