Kosova National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Redijupison

Dallku wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:50 am Wait... so Rrahmani is not showing up for the next games either?
Correct, neither Rrahmani or Zhegrova. FFK is pissed they didn't pressure their respective clubs to release them for the Israel game.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dellova, Zyba and Ilir Krasniqi proved in last two games that they deserve to play on european leagues
Kuqaloshi maoist
Redijupison

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 pm Dellova, Zyba and Ilir Krasniqi proved in last two games that they deserve to play on european leagues
Ballkani qualifying for the second time to the conference league is no fluke and players like Zyba, Kuç, Emërllahu, Gripshi should've been called up last year. The level in the Swiss league where most of Kosova's midfielders play has dropped drastically and Ballkani would probably fight for the championship over there too. Kosova basically could've qualified from this group with a solid midfield and could've achieved with local players too. Now FFK is burning all the bridges with Zhegrova, a player who has grown alot with Lille and looks like the Albanian player with the most potential in the last 15 years. It's becoming comical how amateurish FFK is.
Redijupison

Gani Abazi or Ilir Daja to be confirmed as Kosova's new coach :gezuar:
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

According to Telegrafi sources Ilir Daja is absolute favourite for the job, Telegrafi journalists are FFK cheerleaders so at this point i believe job has been offered to Daja and it's up to him to decide.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Redijupison

FFK's really amateurish, they just publicly stated that De Biasi (probably the best they can get) is no option to become the coach!
artan

Redijupison wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:25 pm FFK's really amateurish, they just publicly stated that De Biasi (probably the best they can get) is no option to become the coach!
Just because he worked for Albania doesn’t mean he’ll work for Kosovo. I think with the personnel Kosovo has he won’t be the best fit. They don’t have the defensive minded players in the midfield to try a pressing style. I just can’t see guys like Rashica, Zhegrova (especially this brat), etc, fitting and if you bench them then it becomes a problem as the alternatives may be some andi lila amateurish esque player. But if it’s between him or some random German coach who coached at FC Saurlucken then Di Biasi should get the nod because he will atleast instill a toughness and will seperate the men from the boys on that roster.

I think Daja should be number one option as the style he implemented at Ballkani should utilize the players strengths with Kosovo. His fast style of play with emphasis on the wings should be a great fit.

They really have to get this right as their best players are aging and without Muriqi and Rrahmani, kosovo has shown to be amateurish.
Dallku

Lol if they get Di Biasi it would be the biggest mistake. Nowadays the game has changed to a more pressing and possession based. De Biasi's catenaccio is outdated. Lets not forget about the absolute terrorism he was committing with players/lineups too.

Not surprised he failed so bad in Azerbaijan but I am surprised that they took this long to sack him
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:27 pm Lol if they get Di Biasi it would be the biggest mistake. Nowadays the game has changed to a more pressing and possession based. De Biasi's catenaccio is outdated. Lets not forget about the absolute terrorism he was committing with players/lineups too.

Not surprised he failed so bad in Azerbaijan but I am surprised that they took this long to sack him
In his defense Azerbaijan is an awful team and he did a great job with Albania. You can say what you want about him but that 2016 qualification campaign was great and more impressive than Silvio considering the talent differences. The style of play is not sustainable for the long term though.

I just don’t think it’s a fit personnel wise. But I suppose you can argue that a guy like Rashica or Zhegrova are losers anyway so benching them to form a tough team identity might be for the better.
Princ

Players who can make an impact are everywhere, not only at “top clubs.” Kosovo has as many talents as anyone..

Just need a coach with a good vision who can spot them out, give them some confidence and a chance to prove themselves. De Biasi and Sylvinho proved anything is possible during their time with Albania.
  • Information