Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:I agree with everything except Armenia fixing.

I don't really believe in fixes tbh but that was the weirdest game I've ever seen. Albania winning 0-3 away from home in a must win? Since when? And I've seen Armenia in other matches and that's not how they play(especially at home).

20 million euros on the line for Duka, Rama, and crew. Maybe some strings were pulled.. just saying. A lot of Albanian journalists close to fshf believe so too. Some even say that Duka claims to have won that game. Anyway it doesn't matter. The point is that De Biasi hit the jackpot in the last campaign which overshadows his true level.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Armenia has Superliga level defenders, and had nothing to play for. It's quite easy to explain.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Armenia has Superliga level defenders, and had nothing to play for. It's quite easy to explain.

Their attack is what shocked me not the defense. They are excellent at stringing passes and attacking. Against Albania it was like they gave us a clear path to victory.
artan

"Jackpot"? You motherfuckers were all saying we were going to finish last in that group before the campaign started.

For all the criticisms DB gets it's unfair to say he got lucky. He built a strong defensive and high pressing identity for the campaign that was the backbone of the campaign(Especially the first half) But I guess you guys will say we got lucky that we only conceded like 3 goals from September 2014 -June 2015.

My gripe is that he hasn't adopted. He's still playing Lenjani two years late, still playing Basha, Lila, etc. These guys need to be replaced.
Aurora Bulkualis

One of the things LedZep mentioned as lucky was Serbia being shit. That doesn't contradict people who thought we were going to finish last.

Technically we only left Serbia and Armenia behind, as Denmark was made up with CAS.
Erik

One game that was definitely fixed was that friendly we had with Georgia where we drew 2-2. I remember loads of people on twitter who had bets on it complaining that there were irregular betting patterns and loads of people were betting on a draw with 5 minutes to go.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:I agree with everything except Armenia fixing. That's complete bullshit. Who the f*** fixes NT matches? Armenia was already dsq and they have shitty defenders. They had nothing to play for.
C'mon it's not that crazy. A buddy of mine who was in Albania told me before the Serbia match that if we lose in Elbasan against Serbia bet heavily for us winning in Armenia. The wheels had been set in motion way before and it makes sense. We stood to gain millions of dollars from qualifying and Armenia had nothing to lose. That's the most fixable game ever :)
Plako
Team: Partizani

f*** this "lucky" shit. Luck favors the prepared. How about those Euro performances? Were they lucky too? If anything we were unlucky in those games. Amazing performances followed by massive collapses are not unheard of in football. Remember Greece losing to Faroe Islands.

The pressure has gotten to the players and they reached peak performance at the Euros. A drop-off is the most natural thing.
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako wrote:
Aurora Bulkualis wrote:I agree with everything except Armenia fixing. That's complete bullshit. Who the f*** fixes NT matches? Armenia was already dsq and they have shitty defenders. They had nothing to play for.
C'mon it's not that crazy. A buddy of mine who was in Albania told me before the Serbia match that if we lose in Elbasan against Serbia bet heavily for us winning in Armenia. The wheels had been set in motion way before and it makes sense. We stood to gain millions of dollars from qualifying and Armenia had nothing to lose. That's the most fixable game ever :)
Never understood why Albanians always buy into conspiracy theories. If there's match fixing, it'll be some Kategoria e Pare or some Superliga team, not the NT.

This is the first time we ever qualify. If signs of match fixing are caught, Albania would be banned for the next 30 years. I doubt Duka would risk that.
Dallku

Albanians believe even Barcelona vs Real is fixed lmao

However it's not a stretch thinking that the Amenia game was fixed. You gotta take everything into consideration. When so many millions are on the line and 2 very poor FAs are involved then don't sleep on any shady things happening. It's normal.

Nobody is getting caught. That's one of those games you don't think about, talk about or analyze. It just happens and you move on.
  • Information