Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

At this point all I see is Broja and non-Broja. The only difference is Broja once in a while can pull something out of his ass.

The CF position is not the main problem for our offence. It's creating any semblance of an attacking opportunity. That link between midfield and CF is non-existent.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Keep in mind Vrioni only has 2 goals less than Adeyemi, who is considered a massive talent that will go for 50 million, whilst Adeyemi plays for a hugely dominant team and Vrioni plays for a relegation one. Probably if Vrioni was in Salzburg he would have scored more goals than Adeyemi.

We say open tap ins and free headers etc but it's not like those don't exist in the top leagues too. It's a matter of having the movement and composure and physicality to find them.
CanaYouDoIt

You can tell he's watched Ronaldo train, he makes the exact same type of runs. There is something about guys who constantly get these "tap-ins" , they make them happen.

Happy for him, the more attacking options we have the better.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:44 am You can tell he's watched Ronaldo train, he makes the exact same type of runs. There is something about guys who constantly get these "tap-ins" , they make them happen.

So did Gashi, Salihi, Kapllani, etc and for the NT their impact was mediocre at best. They clearly couldn't play at a higher level but they were poaching beasts at these smaller leagues.

Albania has too much experience with players like these. That's why Vrioni remains to be seen.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:51 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:44 am You can tell he's watched Ronaldo train, he makes the exact same type of runs. There is something about guys who constantly get these "tap-ins" , they make them happen.

So did Gashi, Salihi, Kapllani, etc and for the NT their impact was mediocre at best. They clearly couldn't play at a higher level but they were poaching beasts at these smaller leagues.

Albania has too much experience with players like these. That's why Vrioni remains to be seen.
I'd love another Salihi if he can be that, the guy was a top finisher. The more depth we have the better, that's all I'm saying. Guys like Salhi and Kapllani were also hindered by the era of football they played in. This Albania team has much more talent as a whole than those guys did.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 pm

I'd love another Salihi if he can be that, the guy was a top finisher. The more depth we have the better, that's all I'm saying. Guys like Salhi and Kapllani were also hindered by the era of football they played in. This Albania team has much more talent as a whole than those guys did.

Salihi averaged damn near 1 goal in 2 games at club level.

For the NT? 11 goals in 50 games.... similar to Balaj who everyone shits on.

And keep in mind that Salihi was very hyped by Albanians because he was a goal scoring machine in his clubs. Everyone was convinced he would pass Bogdani as top scorer.
CanaYouDoIt

Yeah I get it, none of these guys are particularly good but again Salihi and co had it especially tough playing in worse teams at the time compared to today.

I'm not expecting superstars all over the pitch. I just want a solid squad , that is how we'll perform. Like right now Bare is a good player, but him being injured means we have someone like Ramadani filling in, its just too big a drop in talent.

You see it everywhere for us. CB goes from Djim/Kum to Mihaj ? , ST goes from Broja to guys like Manaj , Hysaj to Doka etc etc.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:25 pm Yeah I get it, none of these guys are particularly good but again Salihi and co had it especially tough playing in worse teams at the time compared to today.
That didn't stop Bogdani from scoring against France, Portugal, Denmark(x2), Ukraine and Montenegro(when they were good).
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:28 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:25 pm Yeah I get it, none of these guys are particularly good but again Salihi and co had it especially tough playing in worse teams at the time compared to today.
That didn't stop Bogdani from scoring against France, Portugal, Denmark(x2), Ukraine and Montenegro(when they were good).
You're right , but again he only got 19 goals and at basically the same rate as Salihi (.25 vs .22 a game). Bogdani was also the better player who played at the higher level so about right.
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:05 am The CF position is not the main problem for our offence. It's creating any semblance of an attacking opportunity. That link between midfield and CF is non-existent.
Fielding creative attacking midfielders like Bajrami against serious teams will undermine the defensive approach.

You are better off with 3 destroyers in midfield, as De Biasi showed us. Play down the flanks and hope the striker will come through big time. Good news is that we are stacked at the position, with both Broja and Cikalleshi being able to pull off miracles.
  • Information