Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:32 am
RedFootballs wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:29 pm

Broja had less success at Chelsea because he wasn't good enough to play in the first place, not because of chance creation.

but that contradicts what you're saying... If it's so easy to score for bigger teams why couldn't Broja do it? He could score with smaller teams in that same league... shouldn't scoring with Chelsea be easier?

and it's not just Broja but countless other examples where players score a shit tons for small teams but once they transfer to bigger teams those goals dry up.
He would have scored more if he played regularly as he did for Southampton, is what I mean.

He played 2000 Prem minutes for Southampton. You think if he played that for Chelsea this season he wouldn't do better than 6 goals? Of course he would.

The difference is they are looking for a even higher standard than that, that's why he didn't play. They want their striker to be capable of 20 goals a season.
Princ

Plako wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:46 pm We can easily afford to drop Cika/Uzuni. Both players have produced very little for us. I honestly don't se the point of starting Cika at the Euros as he was unable to do anything against the likes of Faroe Islands or Moldova. I'll take Daku starting over him.

Manaj at least deserves a callup in the March Friendlies to give him the opportunity to claim a roster spot.
Very difficult for me to imagine Sylvinho dropping Cikalleshi after he started him every match until we clinched qualification. 8 goals, 5 assists Superlig..

Uzuni starter in La Liga and given a lot to NT over the years. Not to mention, he provides depth on the wing and played a bunch of minutes in qualifiers. I find it hard to see him getting dropped. It would be super ruthless if that were to happen, WAY worse than Djimsiti 2016!
Plako
Team: Partizani

Princ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:23 amVery difficult for me to imagine Sylvinho dropping Cikalleshi after he started him every match until we clinched qualification. 8 goals, 5 assists Superlig..

Uzuni starter in La Liga and given a lot to NT over the years. Not to mention, he provides depth on the wing and played a bunch of minutes in qualifiers. I find it hard to see him getting dropped. It would be super ruthless if that were to happen, WAY worse than Djimsiti 2016!
I have to agree with you. It'll be hard for either of them to be dropped, especially Cika who was a guaranteed starter. Juts wishful thinking on my part.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Hysaj injured vs. Bayern. He was playing well too. Bayern players stepped on his foot twice.

Really hope it's not a fracture.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Plako wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:26 pm
Princ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:23 amVery difficult for me to imagine Sylvinho dropping Cikalleshi after he started him every match until we clinched qualification. 8 goals, 5 assists Superlig..

I have to agree with you. It'll be hard for either of them to be dropped, especially Cika who was a guaranteed starter. Juts wishful thinking on my part.
I doubt that Manaj will not be called up, he is the most in form Albanian player at the moment, if he finishes the season with 20+ goals in the league it's probably one of the best seasons an Albanian striker has had ever (so bad has been our striker crop).

Our strikers tend not to score many goals for their clubs so this is rare.

Broja will likely be the starter given that we are going to look to counter on these teams but then after that all spots are up for grabs.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Personally i never hated Manaj or any of our players, of course there are some i rate higher than others but i wish they do always well in their clubs. Manaj is best albanian player in last 3-4 months, his form is brilliant and has scored against all big clubs on Turkey, against Galatasaray was suspended for yellow cards. Only injury will keep him out of EURO's because Sylvinho knows him more than any of our players.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

I agree with both of you..

My only question is who stays home?
Dallku

If form is so important then Asani should be nowhere near the team.

Last time he played for a club was in early October of 2023 for 25 minutes...

All he does is interviews. He's closer to signing for Big Brother Albania than for a team.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Well Asani is not getting dropped but I don't mind Cika getting dropped.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Asani is looking more and more like Balaj, but instead of scoring 1 wonder goal, he scored 2.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information