Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Uzuni has as many goals as Muriqi ....

It will be interesting to see who finishes with more goals. Keep in mind that Muriqi's teammates cross him the ball all game... (while Granada is absolute ass)
Redijupison

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:26 pm Uzuni has as many goals as Muriqi ....

It will be interesting to see who finishes with more goals. Keep in mind that Muriqi's teammates cross him the ball all game... (while Granada is absolute ass)
Lol, Muriqi has 4 and Uzuni 2. Both of them should've had more. Muriqi has been MoM for two straight games now and is Mallorca's best player.
Dallku

Redijupison wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:19 pm
Lol, Muriqi has 4 and Uzuni 2. Both of them should've had more. Muriqi has been MoM for two straight games now and is Mallorca's best player.

Uzuni scored his 3rd today. Proving that it's not that hard to score in that league.

But Uzuni's team is complete shit. They are getting relegated for sure. Myrto could get picked up by another team if he scores enough goals.
Dallku

This Marvin Cuni is a great value Broja

Big, strong and actually quick.... but so bad at finishing. He dribbled past the gk and missed an open net.... Then he missed another sitter.
Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 pm This Marvin Cuni is a great value Broja

Big, strong and actually quick.... but so bad at finishing. He dribbled past the gk and missed an open net.... Then he missed another sitter.
Seems a bit raw, but if he improves his finishing deff a good center forward for us to have. Better than the Cika/Sadiku/Seferi lot. Moving forward our 3 main center forwards should be Broja, Daku, and potentially Cuni. I think Steven Shpendi will continue to play for U-21 till next year, but if he explodes we should call him up to the A team sooner too.
Dallku

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:51 pm
Seems a bit raw, but if he improves his finishing deff a good center forward for us to have. Better than the Cika/Sadiku/Seferi lot. Moving forward our 3 main center forwards should be Broja, Daku, and potentially Cuni. I think Steven Shpendi will continue to play for U-21 till next year, but if he explodes we should call him up to the A team sooner too.

It's crazy when you watch random Albanians like Cuni and Shpendi who are still raw and at the beginning of their careers still be so much clear of the Cika/Balaj/Seferi/Sadiku group. Physically, technically, etc...

I won't be surprised if Cuni starts vs Czech. Yeah he probably can't score but he does everything people think Cikalleshi does... just better.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:49 pm

It's crazy when you watch random Albanians like Cuni and Shpendi who are still raw and at the beginning of their careers still be so much clear of the Cika/Balaj/Seferi/Sadiku group. Physically, technically, etc...

I won't be surprised if Cuni starts vs Czech. Yeah he probably can't score but he does everything people think Cikalleshi does... just better.
Cika/Balaj/Seferi and most Albanian domestic strikers are below average goal poachers. They need 3 golden chances to put in one sitter and they normally don't have any technical or physical traits (muci is the exception). You can find these kind of players anywhere and they put us at a disadvantage as Albania will never create enough chances for them to score. Notice how Cikaleshi can only score open headers against awful teams like Belarus. It also drives me crazy watching Cikaleshi and Balaj not putting in any effort defensively. I've also never seen an amateur like Cikaleshi get coddled so much. Truly the Albanian Ronaldo.

I also don't think anyone can realistically argue that we'd be any worst over the years if any random Albanian superliga forward was starting in place of Balaj/Cikaleshi/Manaj/Seferi.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:16 pm

Cika/Balaj/Seferi and most Albanian domestic strikers are below average goal poachers. They need 3 golden chances to put in one sitter and they normally don't have any technical or physical traits (muci is the exception). You can find these kind of players anywhere and they put us at a disadvantage as Albania will never create enough chances for them to score. Notice how Cikaleshi can only score open headers against awful teams like Belarus. It also drives me crazy watching Cikaleshi and Balaj not putting in any effort defensively. I've also never seen an amateur like Cikaleshi get coddled so much. Truly the Albanian Ronaldo.

I also don't think anyone can realistically argue that we'd be any worst over the years if any random Albanian superliga forward was starting in place of Balaj/Cikaleshi/Manaj/Seferi.
Hopefully that’s all in the past. With Broja, Daku, Cuni and Shpendi we’ve finally got a nice mix of technical and physical forwards who can carry us to the next level. I think with Sylvinho meritocracy will prevail and we’re pretty much covered in all positions now.
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:09 am

Hopefully that’s all in the past. With Broja, Daku, Cuni and Shpendi we’ve finally got a nice mix of technical and physical forwards who can carry us to the next level. I think with Sylvinho meritocracy will prevail and we’re pretty much covered in all positions now.
The guys you have listed are definitely an upgrade and are atleast somewhat professionals. Cuni seems somewhat limited and Daku seems like a very rich Balaj (not trying to shit on Daku but mentioning that Daku actually utilizes his strength and size unlike Balaj). I just can’t believe how long we’ve been playing with strikers who offer no tactical or physical presence. Reja playing with two forwards was like playing with a man down.

The only guy from that list who is truly the exception is Broja who has the talent to be a 10-15 goal scorer in a top league regularly. If Broja can get back to his old form for us we can really be a dangerous team as the midfield and backline have been stabilized.

I can’t give an opinion on Shpendi as I don’t want to hype him up for him to be the next Vrioni lol. But so far he’s showing he’s more than just a goal poacher.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:48 am
Klejdi1023 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:09 am

The guys you have listed are definitely an upgrade and are atleast somewhat professionals. Cuni seems somewhat limited and Daku seems like a very rich Balaj (not trying to shit on Daku but mentioning that Daku actually utilizes his strength and size unlike Balaj). I just can’t believe how long we’ve been playing with strikers who offer no tactical or physical presence. Reja playing with two forwards was like playing with a man down.

The only guy from that list who is truly the exception is Broja who has the talent to be a 10-15 goal scorer in a top league regularly. If Broja can get back to his old form for us we can really be a dangerous team as the midfield and backline have been stabilized.

I can’t give an opinion on Shpendi as I don’t want to hype him up for him to be the next Vrioni lol. But so far he’s showing he’s more than just a goal poacher.
If Broja plays to potential, then there is no doubt that he will be the star of the team. We need Broja to be like Muriqi is for Kosova, where he plays every game and is rarely subbed out. The best players on national teams especially of our level are rarely subbed out. It’s good to have some decent back ups to Broja though and I think the other 3 are deff an improvement on Cika/Sadiku/Seferi lot.
  • Information