Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:01 pm @ZenMaster SugarRay should be our 8th option as striker atm. Sylvinho never called him.
Manaj had plenty of chances with the NT ad he was never able to perform for us. I hope his Albanian NT career is done for good.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:20 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:01 pm @ZenMaster SugarRay should be our 8th option as striker atm. Sylvinho never called him.
Manaj had plenty of chances with the NT ad he was never able to perform for us. I hope his Albanian NT career is done for good.
You never know, Sylvinho could turn into Reja. He had Manaj at Inter when he was vice coach....
Princ

Sugar Ray 2 super goals against a good team like Trabzonspor!

I really miss having Ray with NT. Player with big personality who always gave his heart on the pitch for Albania.

“I vogli rri me te voglin, i madhi eshte i madh edhe vetem.” 🦁
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I still think Manaj can give something, he's just underdeveloped. Part of the reason he is this weird player is because he is 26 and never had a starting spot anywhere until Barca B and Spezia.

He is immature and a bit raw for his age but I still think if he plays a lot of minutes he could end up contributing eventually.

He has good qualities, technically decent, strong, shoots with both feet, his main problem is the lack of awareness and having no idea what's going on around him (he plays with his head down).

At Sivasspor it looks like he will have that starting spot now and its his correct level so he will be able to play and improve maybe like Ramadani did.
Plako

Princ wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:04 am Sugar Ray 2 super goals against a good team like Trabzonspor!

I really miss having Ray with NT. Player with big personality who always gave his heart on the pitch for Albania.
Agreed both were excellent goals but Manaj never struck me as someone who gave his heart on the pitch for Albania. A part of me thinks that if he had taken a different path in his career he may have developed better. His years as an Inter Youth player and at Barca B may have stunted his mental development.

Also a few years back his goals at Sivaspor would have guaranteed him a callup. This speaks volumes to how far we have advanced as a NT and how deep our player pool is.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Plako wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:22 pm
Princ wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:04 am Sugar Ray 2 super goals against a good team like Trabzonspor!

Agreed both were excellent goals but Manaj never struck me as someone who gave his heart on the pitch for Albania. A part of me thinks that if he had taken a different path in his career he may have developed better. His years as an Inter Youth player and at Barca B may have stunted his mental development.

Also a few years back his goals at Sivaspor would have guaranteed him a callup. This speaks volumes to how far we have advanced as a NT and how deep our player pool is.
He needed to be humble and to go to clubs where he could play. Spent too much time hopping between teams instead of settling down and developing at one.

Barca was a pointless move and he didn't really get anything out of it.

Now at least it looks like he's at a club for his correct level where he can play and develop outside of having to fight for his place.

Maybe we see him in the future with Albania again, probably not at the Euros, because there are too many players with credit in the bank from this qualification, unless he does very well over the next few months.
Dallku

Kumbulla already back to training from ACL.

With him back Albania could compete even against pot 1 teams.
artan

The fact that Sugar Rey can score those goals shows the quality of the Turkish league outside the top 4 teams. It shows how terrible a player Cikaleshi is who only has been able to score tap ins or penalties in the Turkish first and second divisions. Are we even sure Cikaleshi is a better player than Manaj?
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:28 pm Kumbulla already back to training from ACL.

With him back Albania could compete even against pot 1 teams.
I dont think he'll be an upgrade over Ismaijli this year but he will be a good alternative if an injury happens. I'm also skeptical on how he performs in a back 4 as I don't think he has much experience in that system.

Just an unfortunate set of events for Kumbulla for choosing the wrong team in Roma, deciding to stick it out with them and constantly getting injured. Lots of wasted potential.
Plako

artan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:02 pmI dont think he'll be an upgrade over Ismaijli this year but he will be a good alternative if an injury happens. I'm also skeptical on how he performs in a back 4 as I don't think he has much experience in that system.

Just an unfortunate set of events for Kumbulla for choosing the wrong team in Roma, deciding to stick it out with them and constantly getting injured. Lots of wasted potential.
He's only 23 and that's pretty young for a defender. The injuries are the biggest worry about Marash. If he manages to stay healthy he'll have a great career.
  • Information