Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

I'm surprised Leshi still plays. He has to be the worst forward I've seen play for this team. And that's really saying something.

Dude is just a body.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:12 am
artan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:56 pm Reja couldn’t understand the concept of balance in the team and having some width and pace to open the game. He had Hysaj and Trashi as his wingbacks who were the only source of width in the team due to the narrow formation. You can’t expect Hysaj to be your main source of play from the width. Forwards of Cikaleshi, Balaj and Manaj all slow and useless.
Lol, in other words, Albanian managers discovered the concept of a winger.
Yes. Sylvio inherited a decent team that actually has some playable wingers with pace/creativity. Bajrami, Muci, Mehmeti, Uzuini, etc, all have some pace/creativity in them. Credit to Sylvio for going away form the back three formation, it's not worth it to fit in another "star" center back in the lineup to sacrifice the tactics and balance of the entire formation.

Reja was the mad man who actually thought Hysaj and Trashi can be the source of width with a flat defensive midfield trio (Abrashi, Bare and Gjasula) and two slow amateur goal poachers up top. Didn't even try to experiment or tinker once. Easily the worst manager we've had in the past 20 years. They should have let Panucci manage another four years at that point, atleaast he had the balls to bench an amateur in Cikaleshi and experiment with the formation.
artan

Shpati wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:43 pm I'm surprised Leshi still plays. He has to be the worst forward I've seen play for this team. And that's really saying something.

Dude is just a body.
He's even worst than that because he doesn't have the legs to mark or press on defense. Someone like Uzuini may be an awful finisher but he's atleast very active and contributes.

I hope the new manager doesn't continue to play Leshi because that will be his downfall. He also seems to have a Seferi obsession who is probably even worse.
Dallku

artan wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:48 pm He also seems to have a Seferi obsession who is probably even worse.

Not gonna lie.... I was impressed with Seferi in some situations (like the first goal). His pressing and work was good. It's just that his finishing was shit. I honestly don't think Uzuni is much better than him. Both work hard and are limited technically. Seferi might actually have a little more talent.

This has the potential to be a very good counter attacking team once Broja returns. Cika is just major liability and if you notice he's actually very selfish too and has bad body language. You can't be shit and also have a bad attitude. He's a problem along with the goalkeeper. Strakosha needs to start playing at a club because Berisha has retired at least mentally.
Klejdi1023

Kudos to Silvinjo for benching Uzuni. Can he also bench Hysaj too for the September games? I hope so. Mitaj should keep his spot as I wanna see how he does against stronger opposition. Balliu on the right, let Hysaj taste the bench for a while.
CanaYouDoIt

Mirlind Daku is coming to play for us ! It’s great news because behind Broja he’s a great backup, he’s a big striker with pace unlike Cika and Sadiku whose legs have gone.

Muja to follow too hopefully, we need another RW along with Asani which would free Mehemti to go to his natural spot on the left.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:13 pm Mirlind Daku is coming to play for us ! It’s great news because behind Broja he’s a great backup, he’s a big striker with pace unlike Cika and Sadiku whose legs have gone.
Isn't he already capped and tied to Kosova?
CanaYouDoIt

Shpati wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:18 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:13 pm Mirlind Daku is coming to play for us ! It’s great news because behind Broja he’s a great backup, he’s a big striker with pace unlike Cika and Sadiku whose legs have gone.
Isn't he already capped and tied to Kosova?
only played in friendlies
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

https://twitter.com/EURO2024/status/167 ... 93090?s=20

Asllani could become a killer if he improves his goalscoring. The fact that he did this with his left is insane.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

this guy has the worst highlights ever... what is that defending on the tap ins lmao

https://youtu.be/CaNPTZ-ee3o
  • Information