Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Deni wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:59 am Off topic but what’s everyone’s favourite Albania Jersey of all time ? I found my old home Albania Jersey from 2005 and I think that’s probably the best kit we ever had. I like how simplistic it was.

My top two favourite :
2004-2006 home jersey and the
2006 away jersey vs Netherlands. That kit was super clean, I think we only wore it once though which is sad.
Ha! I still have my 2005 jersey. That's a classic. It was pretty unique at the time. Not many teams had Umbro. Most teams at the time were sharing the same Nike or Puma design.

I liked these Pumas (back in 2002 I think?) with the red trim on the shorts and the collared jersey.

Shpati

Princ wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:01 am
Shpati wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:07 pm
It's pretty common to see this behavior in national federations.

It sucks when it makes it's way in the Starting 11 though. Not sure why Cikaleshi is still starting other than him being a "homegrown" player.

You see it all the time with the USA National Team as well. Whenever they make the World Cup, you always have some garbage MLS players get minutes over a player who plays in Europe.

Unfortunately, the FSHF heads will continue pushing these garbage Superliga grown players. They have no choice. Admitting they can only produce garbage means they will be out of a job. You have to throw in a Superliga player here and there to make it look like they are doing something right.
I forgot that FIFA recently changed the scoring criteria so that the country with the most players playing in Europe wins by default now..

Jasir Asani 🦁 does not play in Europe, but he has done more in 5 matches with Albania than Milot Rashica (former top league superstar) has done in 50 matches with Kosovo.

Why is Cikalleshi still playing? Easy.. we keep winning with him in the lineup. Been a starter in top flight Turkey/Saudi for many years in a row, which means people smarter than you and me have rated him. Not to mention top 5 all time scorer!
It's about quality, not quantity. Daku has done more for the Albania NT as a sub than Cika has done in his whole career.

Cika's goal count is meaningless. All of them were in friendlies or nations league. Or in blowout losses. And we can't forget that it's been 2 years since he's had a goal. And it's not like he's a good target man with a decent first touch like Bogdani.

And my example of the USA national team, was about them trying to pump up their own inferior domestic league (similar to how Albania does). Biggest example of this was USA starting Ricardo Clark over Maurice Edu in 2010. No where did I state that if a player is based in Europe, he is automatically a good player.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Can we open up the Czechia thread? Game is in less than two weeks.
Princ

Shpati wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:33 pm It's about quality, not quantity. Daku has done more for the Albania NT as a sub than Cika has done in his whole career.

Cika's goal count is meaningless. All of them were in friendlies or nations league. Or in blowout losses. And we can't forget that it's been 2 years since he's had a goal. And it's not like he's a good target man with a decent first touch like Bogdani.
Daku..
-1 goal v. Poland to go ahead 2-0 in qualifier

Cikalleshi..
-12 goals including 1 super goal at Poland to tie the match 1-1 in qualifiers
-EURO 2016 squad list
-Big contributor to first qualification ever with 4 starts and 7 appearances in 8 matches during qualifying campaign
-Started in huge matches like at Denmark 0-0, v. France 1-0, and all 5 matches of this qualifying campaign so far
-MVP who carried us for a couple years during Reja era with a stretch of 8 goals in 8 matches

Claiming Daku has done more than Cikalleshi is LAUGHABLE!
Shpati

Plako wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:08 pm Can we open up the Czechia thread? Game is in less than two weeks.
Whoever is brave enough is welcome to.

Simboli didn't open the Poland win after the important Czech draw.

ZenMaster opened the Poland home win despite coming off a Poland away loss.

So I would say anybody is free to open this one.
Princ

Shpati wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:33 pm And my example of the USA national team, was about them trying to pump up their own inferior domestic league (similar to how Albania does). Biggest example of this was USA starting Ricardo Clark over Maurice Edu in 2010. No where did I state that if a player is based in Europe, he is automatically a good player.
MLS is inferior to nobody!

MLS produces great players and Europeans come over to fail many times. All Stars have beaten some of the best teams in Europe over the years.
Plako

Shpati wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:25 pmWhoever is brave enough is welcome to.

Simboli didn't open the Poland win after the important Czech draw.

ZenMaster opened the Poland home win despite coming off a Poland away loss.

So I would say anybody is free to open this one.
Do it then! I'm not doing it cause I'm the jinx of all jinxes lol
Plako

Princ wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:24 pmDaku..
-1 goal v. Poland to go ahead 2-0 in qualifier

Cikalleshi..
-12 goals including 1 super goal at Poland to tie the match 1-1 in qualifiers
-EURO 2016 squad list
-Big contributor to first qualification ever with 4 starts and 7 appearances in 8 matches during qualifying campaign
-Started in huge matches like at Denmark 0-0, v. France 1-0, and all 5 matches of this qualifying campaign so far
-MVP who carried us for a couple years during Reja era with a stretch of 8 goals in 8 matches

Claiming Daku has done more than Cikalleshi is LAUGHABLE!
Omitting that Daku has only played like 40 minutes total. In those minutes he fucked up a golden chance and scored as soon as came from the bench.

The only goal Cika scored that could have mattered was the tying goal away at Poland but we lost 4-1.

You're trying too hard to come up with stats for Cika yet they all prove the opposing view that he sucks big time. I'm not hating on the guy as he seems to play his heart out when he puts the shirt on but he's juts not good enough to take us to the next level. Same with Uzuni.
Princ

Plako wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:47 am Omitting that Daku has only played like 40 minutes total. In those minutes he fucked up a golden chance and scored as soon as came from the bench.

The only goal Cika scored that could have mattered was the tying goal away at Poland but we lost 4-1.

You're trying too hard to come up with stats for Cika yet they all prove the opposing view that he sucks big time. I'm not hating on the guy as he seems to play his heart out when he puts the shirt on but he's juts not good enough to take us to the next level. Same with Uzuni.
Let’s make it very simple..

If Cikalleshi “sucks big time,” please explain why he has been a starter for his clubs in top flight leagues Turkey/Saudi for many years in a row.

Why has Cikalleshi stuck around as a starter for the NT under various different coaches while the rest of his generation has been phased out?

If what you are saying is true and Cikalleshi “sucks big time,” then you must be more knowledgeable than all of the coaches who have rated him over the years, including Sylvinho!
Dallku

Cikalleshi is a mid-table Turkish league player. That has been his peak/ceiling as a player. That's why his contributions for the NT have been weak.

Daku in limited minutes showed that he might have more potential
  • Information