Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Mihaj in for Veseli . Seems a move to cap him.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

As much as I think Hyka is useless in the box, at least he can bring the ball up to the box. These players can't even do that.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis

Is Mihaj the #2? That dude doesn't know the basics of defending. There's 4 people between the dribbler and the net, and he's the closest and keeps jockeying back. The dribbler has tons of space with no pressure and just drives forward unchallenged.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Na rrofte Komentaxheri
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 pm Is Mihaj the #2? That dude doesn't know the basics of defending. There's 4 people between the dribbler and the net, and he's the closest and keeps jockeying back. The dribbler has tons of space with no pressure and just drives forward unchallenged.
Yep, that’s the guy. He was pressuring the FA to switch and play for Greece . That’s why they called him and capped the guy. I guess we won’t see him anymore close to our NT.
Aurora Bulkualis

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 pm Is Mihaj the #2? That dude doesn't know the basics of defending. There's 4 people between the dribbler and the net, and he's the closest and keeps jockeying back. The dribbler has tons of space with no pressure and just drives forward unchallenged.
Yep, that’s the guy. He was pressuring the FA to switch and play for Greece . That’s why they called him and capped the guy. I guess we won’t see him anymore close to our NT.
I can see why Greece didn't cap him. Anyhow, this was our hardest game, and Panucci tinkered way too much. If it ain't broke don't fix it. From now on we should stick to the Israel formation.

I hate to say it, but we need Hyka. He's frustrating, but with Agolli gone, we have no one to get the ball to dangerous areas. Watching Hysaj try to outpace defenders was painful.
Dallku

You know the performance was bad when you can't even be mad at Scotland scoring a blatant offside goal. In reality they could've closed the game in the first half.

A lot of players got exposed today. These type of games show what players are capable of individually.
plisi

It's all Panucci, Hysaj speaking out proves it and Duka is blind for NOT acting on it.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Terrible game, our only hope of scoring is the Grezda-Sadiku-Roshi front 3, No more Ndoj and Gavazaj and put in Kace and Basha.
artan

This is one of the worst NT matches I've watched in recent memory. Everything was wrong from the lineup choices, to the tactics and to the substitutions.

I'll try to give my player analysis:
Strakosha - Poor match and made a Berisha like mental error on the second goal.

Hysaj - Defensively he was left on an island covering two players. Alot of the time in the first half he was trying to give cover to the middle which led the flank to be exposed for Robertson. I guess
Gavazaj didn't track back on Robertson as Robertson was having the game of his life. Offensively very limited and predictable.

Gym/Veseli - Can't really fault them when they've been bombarded the whole match. Gym looks kinda poor in the air for such a big dude

Binkaj - He seems to anxious. When the guy gets the ball he tries to dribble through the defense 1 v 11. I do see the talent in the player as he's a pretty good passer and athletic. Scotland must have saw the film from the other match as they gave him no space unlike Israel which gave him all the space in the world to attack.

Xhaka - Good effort from him. Obviously not the most gifted offensive player but I appreciate him trying to be a box-box midfielder.

Lilaj - Good passer and decent in possession. He made one pass in the first half we he split the defense open. I don't know if he's good defensively or not. Had one decent long range shot

Ndoj - I think the nerves got to him a bit but you see the talent. He doesn't fit this ultra defensive style of play though. He fits a possession style of play.

Gavazaj - I get the reason he's playing in Siberia.

Memushaj - Again, why is this guy playing as a free roaming winger? If you're gonna play him at all he needs to be deeper in the field and centrally.

Balaj - Missed two chances. I think Guri puts that first one in easily. I don't know why Guri was
benched as he's done nothing wrong to lose the job to Balaj (hasn't done anything for the NT since September 2014). Balaj is the type of forward that can only succeed partnered with someone else up top (His best attribute is his aerial and hold up play) besides that he can't do much.

I just find it comical that we tried to play some ultra defensive/counter attacking style with no width or pace. You can't counter with Balaj and Memushaj on the counter lol. I know some of you maybe thinking this is GDB 2.0 but this is even worst. GDB built an identity and had a style of play he wanted to play. GDB was smart enough to have some pacey wingers in Lenjani and Roshi who could give teams issues on the counter when they pushed too far deep in our half. You can't bunker without pacey wingers to alleviate pressure..
  • Information