EURO 2020: Predictions

All about football. Technical discussions, samples, world cup, continental competitions.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Where is VAR on that clear handball in the box by Chiellini?

An obvious penalty must not have fit the desired result.
Dallku

Spain is Spain. They will always be technically superior than you but this Spain team has a lot of fresh meat like Olmo and Pedri. Pedri is a super talent but still a baby. He doesn't know how to win yet.

Their technique is still overwhelming Italy (their best chance is on penalties)
Dallku

This Olmo guy was in the same Dinamo Zagreb team with Cekici. Olmo was obviously better but I never thought he would become a Spain international. Pretty wild.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Olmo has been probably Spain’s best player in all games since group stage.
Simboli i Diellit

Princ wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:01 pm Where is VAR on that clear handball in the box by Chiellini?

An obvious penalty must not have fit the desired result.
It wasn’t intentional obviously although Chiellini is known for that.

Simboli i Diellit

All Italy’s good pk takers are out. Donnaruma is better than Unai Simon on goal but Unai has had great reflexes so far.
Simboli i Diellit

https://youtu.be/bMAviEf2WPA

England has never won the Euro’s. In fact, they’ve never even made it to the finals.

On top of that, England won the World Cup in 1966, but it has neither won the tournament nor qualified for the finals at any point before or since. That’s strange knowing they’re a big European country where football was born.

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:23 pm This Oyarzabal is worse than Uzuni. Clown player.
Such a talented team to have such a clown up top. Crazyyy
Plako

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:10 am https://youtu.be/bMAviEf2WPA

England has never won the Euro’s. In fact, they’ve never even made it to the finals.
Not to mention that Denmark has won more Euros than these clowns :)
Plako

Could the World Cup Become a Biennial Event?

The World Cup has been a fixture of global soccer since its inception in 1930. Initially focused on men’s soccer, a competition open to women’s teams debuted several decades later, with each tournament taking place every four years. The next men’s tournament is set for 2022 in Qatar; the next women’s tournament will occur in 2023 in Australia and New Zealand. But an ambitious new plan before FIFA, international soccer’s governing body, might result in a very different schedule for both tournaments.

In May, the Saudi Arabia Football Federation proposed shifting both World Cups to a biennial schedule. (Saudi Arabia is also seeking to host the 2030 World Cup.) FIFA is currently looking into their proposal, but some big names in the soccer world have come out in favor of it — including former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. The Athletic reports that Wenger stated his support for the plan in a recent interview....

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... a-biennial
  • Information