Free Your Mendje

Current events, society, culture, science, insights. The music. Cinema. The books. The theater. The art.

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

YUAHgfcFS3Q

X0P8RDOGORA
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I see Rama is taking a break from gathering enough money to buy votes with sacks of flour to act like a patriot. Not sure if that's better than Ilir Meta handing out janitor jobs in exchange for 20 votes.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:I see Rama is taking a break from gathering enough money to buy votes with sacks of flour to act like a patriot. Not sure if that's better than Ilir Meta handing out janitor jobs in exchange for 20 votes.
I'm pretty sure it's better. If we're going to take a cynical view at everything Rama then why the hell should he bother doing anything since he can never satisfy some people. If anything Rama should get major props for his foreign policy. Say what you want but he's been successful on his foreign policy and having Albanian parties unite in Macedonia was a huge step in the right direction.

2014 - First Albanian PM to visit Serbia in 68 years and bluntly say Kosova belongs to Albanians - oh he's playing the patriot card
2014 - Edi Rama visits Presheva Valley - oh he's playing the patriot card
2015 - Debate Vucic in Vienna about Kosova - oh he's playing the patriot card
2016 - Speak on behalf of Koosova in Belgrade - oh he's playing the patriot card
2016 - Edi Rama visits Presheva Valley gaian - oh he's playing the patriot card
2017 - Help unite Albanians parties in Macedonia elections - oh he's playing the patriot card.

He's been huge in increasing our visibility as an important player in Balkan politics and way more effective than any of his predecessors, Sali katnari and Fatos bixhozxhiu. But I guess to some he can never do enough, internally or externally. It reminds me of "Cfare uji i ke dhene gomarit?"
Aurora Bulkualis

Plako, that's all smoke and mirrors. What really matters is that Albania has turned into a marijuana plantation. There's bodies of young people with their hands tied behind their backs washing up in rivers and beaches. Our entire economic growth is due to drugs (3%+). Albania would go into a massive deep recession, and half the people would leave the country if it wasn't for Rama the "friends" he's made since going into power.

And I have no reason to be biased against him. I lose thousands of dollars if he goes out of power.
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Plako, that's all smoke and mirrors. What really matters is that Albania has turned into a marijuana plantation. There's bodies of young people with their hands tied behind their backs washing up in rivers and beaches. Our entire economic growth is due to drugs (3%+). Albania would go into a massive deep recession, and half the people would leave the country if it wasn't for Rama the "friends" he's made since going into power.

And I have no reason to be biased against him. I lose thousands of dollars if he goes out of power.
Albania has been in a dire economic situation since 1992. All of the state apparatus was destroyed by Berisha under the pretext of fighting communism. You can't reverse that in one term. We're nothing but a banana republic at this point. Rama is not going to solve all our problems in one term but he sure as hell is trying.
Aurora Bulkualis

He is not trying and he doesn't care. I have family members who work for PS, and they all say Rama has slipped into massive delusion. Do you honestly think someone who cares about democracy becomes friends with Erdogan, and let's Erdogan do whatever he wants with Albania? All he cares about is enriching himself. That's why he's surrounded himself with drug dealers.

The only difference between Rama and Berisha is that Rama hasn't used government power to kill people. But they've both looted the country blind. Granted he's not a proto-fascist like Berisha, but the Nano years were much better than now. And Nano was a drunk and a gambler, so you imagine how low the bar is set.
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:He is not trying and he doesn't care. I have family members who work for PS, and they all say Rama has slipped into massive delusion. Do you honestly think someone who cares about democracy becomes friends with Erdogan, and let's Erdogan do whatever he wants with Albania? All he cares about is enriching himself. That's why he's surrounded himself with drug dealers.

The only difference between Rama and Berisha is that Rama hasn't used government power to kill people. But they've both looted the country blind. Granted he's not a proto-fascist like Berisha, but the Nano years were much better than now. And Nano was a drunk and a gambler, so you imagine how low the bar is set.
I have learned to take anything an Albanian says, no matter how close to Rama they may be, with a grain of salt. I don't need others to tell me how Rama is doing when I can see for myself. And please spare me "someone who cares about democracy" spiel, nobody gives a f*** about democracy, it's all about how to maintain power. Of course he's a megalomaniac, juts like every Albanian who's ever been in power, bar Fan Noli, but given the options that we currently have (Berisha, Meta, Basha, Rama), I much rather have Rama than any of the other 3.

Under Nano when we had a real property boom fueled by immigrants and Nano had zilch to do with it. He'll probably go down as the worst PM we ever had. Even Berisha did accomplish more than him. Nano was so corrupt that he basically handed the victory to Berisha in 2005, only 8 years after the 1997 Civil War, of which Berisha was the main culprit.
Aurora Bulkualis

He had a lot to do with it. Nano actually hired some decent people like Malaj and Blushi to surround himself with. Malaj used to give lectures to Harvard's Business School on economics. Rama hires a dude with an English degree to run the economy. Everyone who surrounds Rama is an uneducated sycophant. Don't kid yourself about the corruption. Only reason why people haven't overthrown Rama and Berisha like they did Nano, is because Nano wouldn't hand every job based on who voted for him. People are content with the corruption now, because they're getting paid off of it.

The funniest shit is after communism, when Albania was at its worst, the parliament had educated people. The most uneducated person was Sabri Godo, who was a writer. Now that it's picked itself up after opening borders, it's become a bordello full of pimps, rapists and drug dealers who haven't passed middle school.
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:He had a lot to do with it. Nano actually hired some decent people like Malaj and Blushi to surround himself with. Malaj used to give lectures to Harvard's Business School on economics. Rama hires a dude with an English degree to run the economy. Everyone who surrounds Rama is an uneducated sycophant. Don't kid yourself about the corruption. Only reason why people haven't overthrown Rama and Berisha like they did Nano, is because Nano wouldn't hand every job based on who voted for him. People are content with the corruption now, because they're getting paid off of it.

The funniest shit is after communism, when Albania was at its worst, the parliament had educated people. The most uneducated person was Sabri Godo, who was a writer. Now that it's picked itself up after opening borders, it's become a bordello full of pimps, rapists and drug dealers who haven't passed middle school.

Ok I have to agree with you that the current class of Kuvend members is the worst in the history of Albania and Rama and Nano are to blame for it. Even Berisha had the decency not to allow criminals to run for PD but Nano was shameless about it. He accepted Tom Doshi to run on the PS ticket for $100k after Berisha had declined Doshi's offer to join PD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurora Bulkualis

The difference is Nano put in good people as well to balance out the thieves. Rama has literally 0. Rama reminds of Hoxha. Purge intellectuals and free thinkers, and surround yourself with sycophants, of whom most are uneducated.

As bad as guys like Meta and Nano are (and I hate Meta way more than Rama), they're not delusional like Rama and Berisha. The latter 2 are borderline paranoid and mentally ill.
  • Information