European Competitions: 2023-24 Edition

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:46 pm I actually think Tirana would have been able to qualify for the conference league if they won the league. For Albanian standards they have a talented roster and actually have some pacey attacking players.

Talented roster? For me they are worst build team on the league right now. It is impossible to be competitive on Europe if you have changed 18 players on 24 months. Tirana failed to beat Dudelange, team who got destroyed by Pyunik and i don't know what makes you think Tirana could done better this season than with Seferi, Xhixha, Totre, Limaj etc etc. This year Tirana has collected all players who have failed abroad Abazaj, Latifi, Selmani, Doka, Hoxhallari, Lushkja, Deliu. they are on short term contracts and astromical wages for albanian league standarts so they are definitely high risk invesments.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:43 am
artan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:46 pm I actually think Tirana would have been able to qualify for the conference league if they won the league. For Albanian standards they have a talented roster and actually have some pacey attacking players.

Talented roster? For me they are worst build team on the league right now. It is impossible to be competitive on Europe if you have changed 18 players on 24 months. Tirana failed to beat Dudelange, team who got destroyed by Pyunik and i don't know what makes you think Tirana could done better this season than with Seferi, Xhixha, Totre, Limaj etc etc. This year Tirana has collected all players who have failed abroad Abazaj, Latifi, Selmani, Doka, Hoxhallari, Lushkja, Deliu. they are on short term contracts and astromical wages for albanian league standarts so they are definitely high risk invesments.

I agree that it's not enough time which shows the laziness of Albanian teams that try to do quick fixes by overhauling their roster last minute. But this roster is the most talented team on paper and many of these guys have some european experience or experience at a higher level. To qualify for European competition you need some kind of pacey or dynamic wingers and Abazaj, Latifi and Hasani would have been enough for them to qualify via champions path in place of Partizani. This is where past teams failed like Teuta that one year that had Seferi and Plaku on the wings or last year where Tirana had no pace (Seferi looked like an amateur). Look at Skenderbeu and Ballkani where they had width and pace on the wings and played quick football times (more so Ballkani). I'd also take a guy like Abazaj and a healthy Latifi over Seferi and Xhixha as atleast they have pace and some dynamism to them instead of being poor goal poachers.

Partizani doesn't have the pace or width to punish the third tier teams of Europe. A guy like Abazaj or even Bregu (who is still free) would have helped. Drawing to BATE which is a middle tier club in Belarus (a league that is heavily sanctioned and corrupt) is not good.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:05 am
ZenMaster wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:43 am

I agree that it's not enough time which shows the laziness of Albanian teams that try to do quick fixes by overhauling their roster last minute. But this roster is the most talented team on paper and many of these guys have some european experience or experience at a higher level.
Tirana looks promising on paper but they need time to reach team cohesion and get used with each other because they have changed 60% of last season squad. Problem is Abazaj, Latifi, Selmani, Lushkja, Deliu, Hoxhallari and Doka are on short term contracts and high wages for albanian football standards so let's suppose all of those signings turn out to be absolutely brilliant and each player has phenomenal individual form, they win title and cup, starting from January most of players will be able to negotiate with turkish, azeri clubs and leave on 1st of July of 2024 so Tirana will need to bring 5-6 new players to fill the void of players who left for free. It s impossible to be competitive with 50-60% new squad 3-4 weeks time on disposal for preparations. This was most optimistic scenario and i don't have to "simulate" less optimistic scenarios to understand how stupid and shortsighted this mercato strategy is.
Kuqaloshi maoist
IndritFieri
Team: AC Milan
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

Which channel is showing Bate - Patrizani?
Plako
Team: Partizani

IndritFieri wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:06 pm Which channel is showing Bate - Patrizani?
MCN TV per ata qe kan TVAlb.

Oversport per ata qe kane TIBO
Plako
Team: Partizani

Struga the first team to be eliminated after losing 1-2 at home.
Dallku

This BATE team is one of the weakest teams an Alb team has ever gotten in CL qualifiers. Even Tirana's opponent is much stronger.
Dallku

Problem with Partizani is that besides Rrapaj and Mba who are ok the rest look off. Cara was good in the first game but struggling here. Da Silva complete amateur and even Grezda can't be worse.
Dallku

Partizani did the impossible by losing this game. I think BATE crossed the halfway line once the whole game.

I guess that's the downside of Partizani winning the league every year now. Their loser DNA and inferiority complex always transfers to Europe. FSHF needs to do everything in their power to sabotage them from winning.
Papagalli

that's 4 hours I'll never get back! good riddance, one down three to go! FSHF and co can go pound sand!
  • Information