European Competitions: 2023-24 Edition

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Partizani really missed a golden chance. This is not the same BATE as years past due to the Ukrainian war sanctions. They’re a mid table team in Belarus currently but I supposed for Partizani they still view them as this Champions League juggernaut. They will probably choke in the return leg. But I’m guessing the game will be played in a neutral arena but I suppose they will somehow f*** that up as well.

UEFA has made it really easy to qualify via the champions path. If you win the first round of the champions league qualifier you’re atleast guaranteed a conference league spot even if you lose the remaining rounds. It’s not difficult at all.

As for Ballkani they’re becoming the new Skenderbeu. They kept their team entire team in tact minus selling Krasniqi and added Trashi (who at this level of European football is more than capable). All Albanian based players, no Serbian/Bulgarian/Africa mercenaries.
Dallku

Partizani is the only one with a legit chance.

Tirana would play Besiktas next and Egnatia/Vllaznia are just there for tourism.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Good result for Egnatia, they were better team especially on the first half, missed two clear chances with Kasa and lithuanian striker. Ararat scored cheap goal from corner and was interested only to defend their lead so maybe they are better team than they showed today.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Balaj making 150k euros/year and can't even score against semi-pro Northern Irish teams.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Redijupison

Albanian league sucks man, terrible results in Europe.
artan

I actually think Tirana would have been able to qualify for the conference league if they won the league. For Albanian standards they have a talented roster and actually have some pacey attacking players. They will probably be destroyed by Besiktas next round if they beat the Georgian team though.

Ballkani might have a serious chance to qualify for the Europa League. Will most likely play Olimipja Ljubljana next round if they get through Ludogorets. Tough matchup but not a death draw and they should have the professionalism and experience to make it a 50/50 chance
Dallku

artan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:46 pm For Albanian standards they have a talented roster and actually have some pacey attacking players.

It's a shame how amateur they still are that they signed 7 new players(5 new starters) a week or 2 before the qualifiers. This method has never worked in history but they keep trying it and failing every year.

I think Vllaznia changed most of their team too. Egnatia and Partizani a bit less so. It's like the people who run these clubs hate money.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:22 pmI think Vllaznia changed most of their team too. Egnatia and Partizani a bit less so. It's like the people who run these clubs hate money.
I don't think the club owners are in it for the money. They use the clubs as leverage for other profit making activities.

Partizani lost Telushi a couple of weeks after he re-signed for them after he didn't start in the CL match. Not to mention they sacked their coach after winning the league.
artan

I'm not sure these teams are even interested in qualifying? To them the increased expenses to qualify is not worth it and they're fine with collecting the prize money given to them by UEFA for just getting eliminated. I think the owners view these clubs as a hobby or some kind of social prestige and just let their friends run it to the ground. Probably why we see Nevil Dede keep managing Tirana every other year or Refik Halili forcing his amateur son in the lineup for years (even over talented youngsters like Muci). I don't even know how Olsi Rama got to become the director of Partizani but I can easily imagine it's because his brother is the Prime Minister. Quick bio of Olsi shows his past experiences being a part of the Soros Foundation of Albania and some Cancer Institute in Detroit, Michigan.

For village clubs I give a pass too because I fully expect a team like Egnatia not to stregthen their squad and to just cash out on the prize money at the first chance they get.
artan

Plako wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:38 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:22 pmI think Vllaznia changed most of their team too. Egnatia and Partizani a bit less so. It's like the people who run these clubs hate money.
I don't think the club owners are in it for the money. They use the clubs as leverage for other profit making activities.

Partizani lost Telushi a couple of weeks after he re-signed for them after he didn't start in the CL match. Not to mention they sacked their coach after winning the league.
I agree. They're fine with collecting the prize money and obviously view owning a club as a side activity and for their own social prestige within the elite of Albania. Olsi Rama running Partizani is just another title for him to brag about despite him having no experience in Football and as a means to gain influence. It would be like Hunter Biden or Trump Jr. being the General Manager for the New York Knicks. It's actually ridiculous if you think about it.
  • Information