Albania vs Czechia - Euro's 2024 Qualifiers - 12/10/2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

IndritFieri1

I think Broja might take Cikalleshis place.

I have never hated a player in the national team since the time of Andi Lila as a winger.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

IndritFieri1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:03 pm I think Broja might take Cikalleshis place.

I have never hated a player in the national team since the time of Andi Lila as a winger.
lol what a lineup those were. De Biasi would basically play Wingbacks with fullbacks + 2 defensive mids.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

IndritFieri1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:03 pm I think Broja might take Cikalleshis place.

Lila as a winger made more sense than Cika at CF. It was DB essentially giving up on offence and just locked down that side of the field. And ironically he gave the only assist ever at a major tourney.

I remember when he was younger Cika wasn't this useless. He had good hold up play and played well as a target man. Now he's got nothing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Lila got a hockey assist against Romania but it was Memushaj who sent the cross to Sadiku. Either way Lila was an important player during our legendary run with De Biasi.

My cousin came up through the youth ranks and when I asked him who the best players he played with were, he said Andi Lila and Arber Abilaliaj.
Princ

Under Reja, this team played such selfish football that it was hard to watch at times. Everyone trying to be a hero..

Refreshing to see us playing all for one, one for all under Sylvinho. Breaking forward with quick outlet passes and making the right decisions in the final third. Players understanding that the WIN is most important not individual accolades.
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:13 pm

Lila as a winger made more sense than Cika at CF. It was DB essentially giving up on offence and just locked down that side of the field. And ironically he gave the only assist ever at a major tourney.

I remember when he was younger Cika wasn't this useless. He had good hold up play and played well as a target man. Now he's got nothing.
Yes. Di Biasi had to play Lila due to necessity and fielding a team that fit his style of aggressiveness and pressing. Lila fit his style and in his defense the team was much less talented then it was now. The quality of difference between Lila and the subsitute wasn't that big and Di Biasi really fielded a team of below average players. Looking back at it Di Baisi did a great job with that roster and establishing an identity of that squad.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:13 pm

Yeah man he was able to get some crazy shots a few years back. Now he's lost even the few capabilities he had.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Just make Cikalleshi a "locker room guy".
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

With Ajeti back, that defence is a DB era team. Berisha, Hysaj, Ajeti, Gym. Only diff is Mitaj for Agolli.

It's crazy considering that tourney was >7 years ago, and the qualifiers started 9 years ago.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Sylvinho deserve credit for giving opportunity to Asani but it's crazy to say Asani was discovered by Sylvinho as albanian media pretends. It's obvious nobody could even imagine impact that Asani had on this qualifiers cycle so Reja deserves all criticism for not giving chance to Asani even on friendlies but we should be also fair that Reja didn't had resources that Sylvinho has, so Reja because of age or whatever "delegated" competences of monitoring Kategoria Superiore to his albanian staff Bulku and Salihi. Best thing Sylvinho did since joined our national team was isolating totally Kombetarja parasites as Bulku&co. It's really crazy Bushi, Bulku, Salihi have zero previous experiences as managers and they use Kombetarja and youth teams as school to learn and they keep losing qualifying cycle after another and they still keep their jobs. Legend as Cana who had clearly leader attributes could been such exception or ex player who shows early signs of brilliance as manager but first job as manager to be U17, U19 or U21 it's total madness.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information