Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:34 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 pm We had Balliu whose great-grandfather or something was Albanian. (They say his "father" was Albanian) I don't think he even knew where Albania was :lol:

Half-Albanian still counts and it's like Vata's son lol

Salvador doesn't need to be fluent on albanian to show his descent
https://youtu.be/T7LY--PIruk?si=P9y-SvB82x4qdRqm
Is that Ivan Balliu's dad?
artan

Quite a few number of young forwards in the mix going forward for the next several qualifying campaigns. Broja, Daku, Muci, Shpendi, Cuni, Gruda**.

The position that is concerning going forward are defenders. Bajrami seems like the only realistic NT option going forward at center back and I don't think we have a potential replacement for Hysaj. But it's easier to find a right back or hide an amateur right back as opposed to a crucial position like forward or midfield.
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 pm We had Balliu whose great-grandfather or something was Albanian. (They say his "father" was Albanian) I don't think he even knew where Albania was :lol:

Nah as in I'm shocked someone who is half german and playing for their u21s at 18 would pick us
artan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:18 am

Nah as in I'm shocked someone who is half german and playing for their u21s at 18 would pick us
It might be a rumor or maybe his German dad realizes it’s better for his son to be loved in Albania than be an after thought in Germany. He can potentially be a rockstar in Albania if he turns out good
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Plako wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:54 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:34 pm

Salvador doesn't need to be fluent on albanian to show his descent
https://youtu.be/T7LY--PIruk?si=P9y-SvB82x4qdRqm
Is that Ivan Balliu's dad?
Yes! Salvador is mayor of small municipality, this video went viral on Spain and most of spaniards "supported" him because guys who recorded him were trying to install tent near his property.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:01 pm
Yes! Salvador is mayor of small municipality, this video went viral on Spain and most of spaniards "supported" him because guys who recorded him were trying to install tent near his property.
They had occupied abusively one of his properties. Even after what happened last year he’s still Mayor.
Plako

ZenMaster wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:01 pmYes! Salvador is mayor of small municipality, this video went viral on Spain and most of spaniards "supported" him because guys who recorded him were trying to install tent near his property.
You're right, sopata in his hand confirms his ethnicity lol

Anybody know more about his origins. It's hard to find anything online.
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:00 am

It might be a rumor or maybe his German dad realizes it’s better for his son to be loved in Albania than be an after thought in Germany. He can potentially be a rockstar in Albania if he turns out good

Bigger chance of convincing a half German to play for Albania than a full Shkodran (Gruda)..

That's because the German probably realizes his level and and doesn't want to ruin his career completely.... while the Shkodran probably thinks his seed is better than Messi.

Sadly the same thing is happening to another one.... Andreas Ndoj. Looks like he lost his place at Olympiakos and the Greek NT is not even considering him. He would have to play amazing for them to consider him.

Then again at least he doesn't have to compete with Wirtz, Musiala and Sane.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:24 pm Bigger chance of convincing a half German to play for Albania than a full Shkodran (Gruda)..
Lol why I understand your sentiment other Shkodran like Broja picked us out very early on.
Skenderbeu9

Albanians in their 50s are obsessed with Germany for some unexplainable reason
My dad's cousin has three boys
He named them Klinsmann, Shumacher and Beckembauer
With their fak...g surnames
I am 100% sure that if they become footballers their dad would prefer Germany over Albania any day
And he has never visited Germany...
  • Information